Having problems with activation RRS feed

• Question

• Yesterday,4/17/2011 I went to logon to Windows home server and is telling me, windows must be activated. It prompted me "do you want to activate windows now" I clicked yes, it brings me to a screen telling me "windows is already activated".And when i click ok it brings me to the logon screen.When I logon, it is telling me "windows must be activated"..I bought this software off from e-bay brand new out of the box.I installed it myself in the pc I built.Please help I need my server.
    Monday, April 18, 2011 4:28 PM

All replies

• The activation doesn't work properly when done directly from the server.

I had to get to the Dashboard from a client PC then activate from there.

• Marked as answer by wildshawn Tuesday, April 19, 2011 2:14 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by wildshawn Wednesday, April 20, 2011 1:49 PM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 3:24 AM
  • It won't even let me activate from the dashboard or from the server.how else can I activate this server?
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 1:35 PM
  • Just want to be clear: you mean the dashboard on the client PC didn't allow you to activate?

The dashboard can be access on the server too. I had to use the dashboard ON THE CLIENT PC to activate, not the dashboard on the server. You should also tell us what error you got.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 6:24 AM
  • It will not let me activate from a client pc or the server either.Like I said in the first post, it will not let me logon untill windows is activated and when windows promptets me to activate, I click ok and then it tells me, windows is already activated.No errors or nothing.Thanks
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 1:43 PM