none
Logo and Icons not showing up on FQDN version of the website

Question

• Hi, i am configuring a new SharePoint page to be used by intranet users as well as people in remote places.
    First i would like to appologize if anything is confusing since my main language is not English.
    if anything is not clear i will be happy to help you understanding whatever may be confusing.

However i run in a weird problem i did not have with my other SharePoint page,
    in my FQDN
    All my icons are not showing up.
    By icons i mean the Gear Icon (for the settings) the ?
    the + in circles beside links in my webparts ( in the link beside new document)
    the web site's logo
    The website's logo shows a boxed X as if the image was not availible.
    However in the non fqdn link  everything shows up correctly.

I am accessing those different addresses from the same computer in the intranet zone.
    I have no clue where to begin to find what the problem is, any help is very appreciated.
    The websites are linked through a simple alternate mapping configuration in the management console (srver:portnumber)
    i have attached a screenshot of the bad behaviour that happens only through sharepointserver.domain.local
    • Moved by Just KarlModerator Thursday, March 10, 2016 3:34 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Wednesday, March 09, 2016 3:12 PM

Answers

• I found my problem to be a misconfiguration in my alternate access mapings.
    Both my FQDN and non FQDN being configured as default zone.
    I set my FQDN website to be in the intranet zone and it solved all my problems, even the logo's link.
    • Marked as answer by Fpaiement Wednesday, March 09, 2016 3:34 PM
    Wednesday, March 09, 2016 3:34 PM

All replies

• And also, The logo links me to my non FQDN address and this is not a behaviour i deem good.
    I dont think it is related though
    Wednesday, March 09, 2016 3:26 PM
  • I found my problem to be a misconfiguration in my alternate access mapings.
    Both my FQDN and non FQDN being configured as default zone.
    I set my FQDN website to be in the intranet zone and it solved all my problems, even the logo's link.
    • Marked as answer by Fpaiement Wednesday, March 09, 2016 3:34 PM
    Wednesday, March 09, 2016 3:34 PM
  • Hello,

The TechNet Sandbox forum is designed for users to try out the new forums functionality. Please be respectful of others, and do not expect replies to questions asked here.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, March 10, 2016 3:32 PM
  • Hello,

This should have been asked in the SharePoint forums.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Proposed as answer by Mike Laughlin Thursday, March 10, 2016 3:43 PM
    Thursday, March 10, 2016 3:34 PM