CRM Reporting Extensions Installation Error : The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. RRS feed

• Question

• I have successfully installed CRM in my environment (Server 2012, SQL 2012) and am now trying to import an existing organization.  Before this is allowed, CRM Reporting Extensions must be installed on the SQL server.  

When trying to install, everything goes well until I get to the 'System Checks' screen and then I'm left with this error under Environment Checks: "The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.".

In the install log, I see this:

Error| Check ReportingAccountMemberOfSecurityGroupValidator : Failure: The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted.

SQL and CRM are installed on different machines in a domain.  There does not seem to be any name resolution errors or any problems related to AD.  The account SSRS is running under is specific domain service account.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I've been fighting this for a few days and at am a total loss.

Thanks!

-Jason

Thursday, July 11, 2013 2:09 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the response.  I actually was able to resolve this by adding the 'Active Directory Domain Services' role to the CRM servers (SQL & WEB) temporarily until the install of CRM Reporting Extensions completed.  Then I removed the extensions.
    • Marked as answer by Jason_eOne Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:39 PM
    Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you logged in with domain admin when you want to import the solution? If not, it could cause errors. Login with a domain admin (if you could not, with a user with minimum privileges mentioned in the installation guide) to pass this check also.

My Weblog | My Website

Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:10 PM
  • Thanks for the response.  I actually was able to resolve this by adding the 'Active Directory Domain Services' role to the CRM servers (SQL & WEB) temporarily until the install of CRM Reporting Extensions completed.  Then I removed the extensions.
    • Marked as answer by Jason_eOne Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:39 PM
    Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:39 PM