none
ftp command

Question

• Hi ,

I want to execute couple of ftp commands at a one time? How can I execute it..

ftp

open XXX.com

UUUU

PPPP

get XXX.txt ZZZ\XXX.txt

I am able to execute those commad from cmd one by one.But I want to execute at a one time. So I am trying to create a batch file. But it's executing only first commnad. Help me.

Shubho

Thursday, August 27, 2015 10:04 AM

Answers

All replies

• This doesn't seem to be a c# question really.

This article explains how to build such a bat file:

http://www.robvanderwoude.com/ftp.php

Thursday, August 27, 2015 10:10 AM
  • thanks for reply

yes, it's not a c# question but I didn't get any suitable forum category to post. So I posted

In that link open userid and passowrd not being used only for anonymous user.

Shubho

Thursday, August 27, 2015 10:31 AM
  • Consider “ftp -s:filename”, where filename is the file with your ftp commands.

Thursday, August 27, 2015 11:19 AM
  • thanks for reply

yes, it's not a c# question but I didn't get any suitable forum category to post. So I posted

Shubho

PLease read the link again.

All of it this time.

Because this is from that link:

USER MyUserId
    MyPassword
    cd files/pictures
    binary
    prompt n
    mget *.*

You see that user and password?

Thursday, August 27, 2015 11:50 AM
  • thanks for reply

Shubho

@Shubho

Thank you for visiting the MSDN forum. I’m afraid that it is not the correct forum about this issue, since this forum is to discuss Visual C#. I am moving your question to the moderator forum ("Where is the forum for..?"). The owner of the forum will direct you to a right forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, August 28, 2015 2:17 AM
  • yes, it's not a c# question but I didn't get any suitable forum category to post. So I posted

Might try them over here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=scripting 

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Friday, August 28, 2015 12:00 PM