none
Why My IE10 is displaying chinese symbols ?

Question

• Hello,

I have done some searches about this problem but I have found no workaround.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/79d1e365-935b-494e-8b4e-3cdc5254e4ae/what-is-causing-my-webpage-to-be-displayed-in-chinese-after-upload-

I remember that I got this problem once this problem after the last release of the forums

I am not sure that I have seen Chinese symbols.

Is it possible that someone explains me what is happening ? It is annoying as I understand only French ( I am French ) and English , which I am using to reply on the forums ( mainly on SQL Server Forums ).

No problem since the last sunday on the forums where I am posted several times.

IE 10 ( version "special" for Windows 7 )

Maybe , I have not searched enough on the forum for this problem which seems to be related to the last version of the forum ( an horror which is disgusting me to continue to post on the forums , even if I am thinking to give up them with its stupid unclear display , sorry for the people who wrote this version , but it is far to be successful and easy to use )

Have a nice day

PS : I got this curious display when I clicked on my threads

Mark Post as helpful if it provides any help.Otherwise,leave it as it is.

• Edited by Papy Normand Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:47 PM it is not on my profile , but my threads that the problem occured
    • Moved by Naomi NModerator Saturday, July 27, 2013 12:06 AM Forum's issue
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• Mine has done that a couple times too.

Server 2012 using desktop version of IE10

Chuck Pedretti | Magenic – North Region | magenic.com

Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:14 PM
  • Hello,

The problem occurred 5 minutes after having posted my thread. I retried just now and no problem.

But as every developer , I hate problems which are difficult to reproduce : they are the most difficult ones to eliminate as it is difficult to retrieve the exactly same conditions for which they are appearing.

I will retry before midnight ( for me that's to say in 3 hours )

Have a nice day

Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:53 PM
  • I've seen this randomly as well (using Firefox). It's been reported in several threads, but I've never seen anyone be able to find a reliable way to reproduce it.

Don't retire TechNet!

Thursday, July 25, 2013 8:21 PM
  • It's a known issue.

Thanks!

Ed Price, SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Saturday, August 17, 2013 5:22 AM
    Owner
  • Hello Ed ,

As I was on holiday without Internet  since the 10th of August up to now, I have not been able to mark your post as answer.

I hope you will accept my most sincere excuses for my late reply.

Have a nice day

PS : for the moment , I have not been able to reproduce the problem.

Sunday, August 25, 2013 2:59 PM