none
Deprovision Server RRS feed

• Question

• I've having issues deprovisioning a sync server.  Initially I was deleting all objects in the Sync schema on SQL Server and deleting any stored procs ending in _selectchanges) as these were created in the dbo schema.

I thought this was working OK but have now found that the source tables have insert/update/delete triggers left on them (in the dbo schema)

When I try to run the SqlSyncScopeDeprovisioning.DeprovisionTemplate method (from MSDN http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.synchronization.data.sqlserver.sqlsyncscopedeprovisioning.deprovisiontemplate(v=sql.110).aspx) I get an error that the server is not provisioned for sync 

Full Error:The current operation could not be completed because the database is not provisioned for sync or you not have permissions to the sync configuration tables.

What is going on??  Has anyone successfully fully deprovisioned their server?

Thursday, June 30, 2011 9:51 AM

Answers

• are you specifying the same schema and object prefix you used in provisioning when running the deprovisioning?
    • Marked as answer by Harjit Samra Wednesday, July 6, 2011 3:54 PM
    Friday, July 1, 2011 3:15 PM

All replies

• do you want to deprovision all scopes in the database? try using DeprovisionStore instead.
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 10:37 AM
  • I get the same error with DeprovisionStore - it's like the DB isn't provisioned but I have had clients syncing to it..

?

Thursday, June 30, 2011 11:05 AM
  • are you specifying the same schema and object prefix you used in provisioning when running the deprovisioning?
    • Marked as answer by Harjit Samra Wednesday, July 6, 2011 3:54 PM
    Friday, July 1, 2011 3:15 PM