none
create program using vlc ActiveX without install vlc program RRS feed

• Question

• hi all,

i Created C# Project Using VLC ActiveX ,the project run Correctly when i install VLC Program on my pc, but when i try to unistall vlc program and run project i get this run time error

" Unable to get the window handle for the 'AxVLCPlugin2' control. Windowless ActiveX controls are not supported." 

which i did

1- add axvlc in tool bar

2- add AxInterop.AXVLC.dll , Interop.AXVLC.dll Reference

3- Register axvlc.dll Programmatically in Main function using (regsvr32.exe)

but this error still see also

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 9:17 PM

Answers

• Hello Ahmed_Soft3,

>>can help me which necessary file i will needed 

VLC is a free and open-source project . We are not familiar with file structure.My suggestion is that  you could install all VLC Program so that you don't care about the ActiveX relating file.

You could post a new thread to the VLC forum for suitable support.The Visual C# discuss and ask the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples and tools . If you have some grammar or code errors, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you a solution .

Best Regards,
    Feih-7

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Ahmed_Soft3 Thursday, August 24, 2017 6:15 PM
    Wednesday, August 23, 2017 9:13 AM

All replies

• Hello Ahmed_Soft3,

ActiveX is a software framework created by Microsoft that adapts its earlier Component Object Model (COM) and Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) technologies for content downloaded from a network, particularly from the World Wide Web.

And VLC is a free and open-source, portable and cross-platform media player, starting with version 0.8.2, VLC  provides an ActiveX plugin . For more information ,you could see here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VLC_media_player

If you want to using vlc ActiveX ,you must need some necessary source from VLC program. So if you want using vlc activex without install vlc program , you should install some necessary file.

And if you have any issues about activeX , you could post a new thread to there.

http://www.tek-tips.com/threadminder.cfm?pid=194

Best regards,

feih_7

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Fei Hu Thursday, August 17, 2017 6:53 AM
    Thursday, August 17, 2017 6:51 AM
  • thanks mr,

can help me which necessary file i will needed 

Friday, August 18, 2017 1:14 AM
  • Hello Ahmed_Soft3,

>>can help me which necessary file i will needed 

VLC is a free and open-source project . We are not familiar with file structure.My suggestion is that  you could install all VLC Program so that you don't care about the ActiveX relating file.

You could post a new thread to the VLC forum for suitable support.The Visual C# discuss and ask the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples and tools . If you have some grammar or code errors, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you a solution .

Best Regards,
    Feih-7

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by Ahmed_Soft3 Thursday, August 24, 2017 6:15 PM
    Wednesday, August 23, 2017 9:13 AM