none
EXAM 70:291 Book and Exam Query RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am new to Microsofts certs, and a new role has urged me to change career direction for now. I have cisco experince in the past.

Anyway, this new role appears to be alot on Window 2003, DHCP DNS etc so after some research I think the Exam 70-291 would be the best. I am aware that it is 2003 and prob a bit dated but my current company looks like it will not be chnaging to 2008 any time soon.

Can someone advise where I can get the Second edition Training Kit by J.C. Mackin and Ian McLean. I have tried Amazon but will be 3 - 4 week wait from the states...I am currently living in France and nee the english version..

Any advice on the exam or where I can get the book would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Sinead

Friday, March 4, 2011 9:19 AM

Answers

• Hi Sinead,

I have always found whatever I need with study books on Alibris, O'Reilly or Ebay.

A quick check has found that you can get it on Ebay and Alibris UK as well as the O'Reily website in print and online versions.

From experience be careful not to treat the book as your only study material and make sure that you are entirely comfortable with the objectives for the exam listed on the Microsoft exam page

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-291&locale=en-us

You will find that the Server 2008 MCTS/MCITP exams cover the same subjects as with any new system its just an evolution of the old, so skills are transferrable down from 2008 to 2003 for the most part.

Good luck either way,

Kevin

Friday, March 4, 2011 10:29 AM