locked
Communicator 2007 Error for OCS 2007 R2 RRS feed

  • Question

  • I am getting the following error in the App log:

    A SIP request made by Communicator failed in an unexpected manner (status code 80ef01f4). More information is contained in the following technical data:

    RequestUri: sip:user1@mydomain.com

    From: sip:user2@mydomain.com;tag=c6bb3fddc5

    To: sip:rmaldonado@ezstorage.com;tag=CAD7B33ED876490FD835FABB4E114901

    Call-ID: 6bf0a5c1d9464b82b22c86e17edd4251

    Content-type: application/sdp;call-type=im

    v=0

    o=- 0 0 IN IP4 172.21.1.92

    s=session

    c=IN IP4 172.21.1.92

    t=0 0

    m=message 5060 sip null

    a=accept-types:text/rtf application/x-ms-ink image/gif multipart/alternative application/ms-imdn+xml



     

    Response Data:

    500 The server encountered an unexpected internal error

    ms-diagnostics: 1;reason="Service Unavailable";source="server1.mydomain.local";AppUri="http://www.microsoft.com/LCS/ApiModule";reason="The application specified an invalid static forwarding url"

    Resolution:

    If this error continues to occur, please contact your network administrator. The network administrator can use a tool like winerror.exe from the Windows Resource Kit or lcserror.exe from the Office Communications Server Resource Kit in order to interpret any error codes listed above.

     

    This is only happening for one user. I tried using IM and launching PC-to-PC Communicator calls. This is all internal. Any ideas?


    maldora
    Monday, February 9, 2009 10:24 PM

Answers

  •  

     It turned out to be a bogus telephone entry in the AD account that was causing the problem.  In the Telephones tab, under type IP Phone, then Other, there was a value called “Radio”.  After this value was removed, and a quick manual synchronization of the address book information between AD and OCS, the problem was gone.

     


    -JMW
    • Marked as answer by maldora Friday, February 13, 2009 4:09 PM
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 10:50 PM

All replies

  • We are seeing the exact same issue with our OCS 2007 R2 infrastructure with just one user...  Looking for a solution too!  We are thinking it has to be something to do with the security on the AD account for the affected user...
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 2:39 PM
  • Just to check.. your title makes me think MOC 2007 with OCS 2007 R2.. is that correct or are you using the MOC R2? You need the R2 client for the R2 server afaik. Clients are only downward compatible (I didn't test much but I managed to connect myself to my R1 deployment using the R2 client).
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 3:10 PM
  • We are all using the R2 client on our end...  Still no go...  Only the one user that we cannot initiate a call/IM session with.  If they initiate, we are fine...  We just can't start the SIP session to him.
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 3:12 PM
  • you get any resolution to this yet?
    I have the exact same issue.
    One user cannot be called via IM.  Works great if the user does the initiate.

    02/09/2009|16:06:41.464 73704:731C0 INFO  :: Data Received - 170.96.64.94:5061 (To Local Address: 170.96.75.92:56634) 838 bytes:
    02/09/2009|16:06:41.464 73704:731C0 INFO  :: SIP/2.0 500 The server encountered an unexpected internal error
    Proxy-Authentication-Info: Kerberos rspauth="602306092A864886F71201020201011100FFFFFFFF5A639D1C74445CDE716249160B5E67D5", srand="99E853C4", snum="27", opaque="753DF002", qop="auth", targetname="sip/OCS1.domain.org", realm="SIP Communications Service"
    From: "USER"<sip:user@domain.org>;tag=3703bcb871;epid=de577344ca
    To: <sip:user2@domain.org>;tag=A1D2F034A80C8DC2C22BC2B0BB538B47
    Call-ID: 4f0e2c32a0ac42b8a3ebfa96c1704671
    CSeq: 1 INVITE
    Via: SIP/2.0/TLS 170.96.75.92:56634;ms-received-port=56634;ms-received-cid=1F9900
    ms-diagnostics: 1;reason="Service Unavailable";source="OCS1.domain.org";AppUri="http://www.microsoft.com/LCS/ApiModule application specified an invalid static forwarding url"
    Content-Length: 0


    -JMW
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 9:34 PM
  •  

     It turned out to be a bogus telephone entry in the AD account that was causing the problem.  In the Telephones tab, under type IP Phone, then Other, there was a value called “Radio”.  After this value was removed, and a quick manual synchronization of the address book information between AD and OCS, the problem was gone.

     


    -JMW
    • Marked as answer by maldora Friday, February 13, 2009 4:09 PM
    Tuesday, February 10, 2009 10:50 PM
  •  John's is correct. That was the issue. Sorry for the delay in replying. Microsoft could not explain why the phone went to the "IP Phone" field.
    maldora
    Friday, February 13, 2009 4:10 PM