False Rejection Office Standard 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I just bought Office 2007 Standard Edition at Best Buy.  I still have the pretty case and the product key.  It's not allowing me to use templates because its saying "home and student edition" failed validation.  I don't have home and student edition.  I'm pissed off.
    Sunday, February 4, 2007 1:54 AM

Answers

• Please visit http://www.microsoft.com/genuine and click on Validate Office.  Do you get the same message?
    Sunday, February 4, 2007 4:58 AM
  • Hi Michael,

I'm sure the Office 2007 Standard Edition you purchased from Best Buy is just fine.  It may just be a messaging issue or something simple.  Did you re-validate as Carey suggested?  Was there an error code on the page (in gray text)?  If so, can you provide that? 

You could also just run our diagnostic tool and post the output here and this will also help tell us what the validation issue is. 

1)      Logon to the PC that is experiencing the notifications as a user with ADMIN rights.

2)      Download the tool:   http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 click RUN.

3)      When the tool loads, click CONTINUE.

4)      Is the RESOLVE button available?  If so, please click RESOLVE to allow the diagnostic tool to repair the issue.

5)      From the Windows tab, click the COPY button.

6)      Reply back to this post and PASTE the results.

Note:  Make sure that you have activated Office 2007 Standard prior to trying to download anything. 

Thanks!
    Michelle

Monday, February 5, 2007 6:19 PM
  •  

I moved my Office from an old computer using Laplink PC mover and got a validation rejection

the tool gave the following results:

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0012.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-DF4RC-97FHM-X2QW3
    Windows Product Key Hash: XTz8OsI6pC7phfUCCVtwV5AHJKs=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2211906-00817
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.med
    ID: e7db526b-a851-4355-839c-0488af0fda2b
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.5.723.1
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.20.0
    Office Diagnostics: 77F760FE-150-80070002_7E90FEE8-175-80070002_B4D0AA8B-817-80070057

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>e7db526b-a851-4355-839c-0488af0fda2b</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.med</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-X2QW3</PKey><PID>76487-OEM-2211906-00817</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-279710916-405166374-2164166322</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>TOSHIBA</Manufacturer><Model>Satellite U205</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>TOSHIBA</Manufacturer><Version>Version 1.50</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20061020000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>TOSHIBA,TOSHIBA,TOSHIBA,TOSHIBA</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>66D83507018400DC</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>SA Western Standard Time(GMT-04:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>Toshiba</name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>59D1605114E3500</Val><Hash>vfZmaSmFPIYrLWTcZSZErUQg+Fo=</Hash><Pid>73931-640-0000106-57950</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{91120409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>104</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><PidType>0</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Thursday, February 15, 2007 9:01 PM
  • Hi Ruben,

Thank you for posting your diagnostic information.  I can see right away what the issue is with Office and why it is not passing validation and it's not a false reponse.  Unfortunatley, the product key used to install Office Professional Edition is a VLK (volume license key) that has been blocked per the request of the legal VLK holder.  The corporation who owns this key is located in Washington State, U.S..

You will need to uninstall Office and use the product key that came with your Office Professional Edition.  It may be affixed to the CD cover or jewel case on a yellow/orange sticker. 

If you purchased this copy of Office from a reseller or retailer, you are a victim and should report this piracy to Microsoft.  Microsoft legal will follow up on all leads provided.  If you were sold high quality counterfeit Office, you may be eligible for a complimentary replacement copy.  For details on the ways to 'get genuine', see the web page that outlined your validation failure details.  It will provide all of the possible steps you can take.

Your Windows installation did pass validation and is genuine, so that's great news.

I hope this helps!!

Thanks,
    Michelle

Thursday, February 15, 2007 9:28 PM
  • I have both Office 2003 Pro and Office 2007 Pro on my laptop, as well ast Office OneNote 2003. I want to download the "Save As PDF" so that I can use in Office 2007.  However, when I go through the Validation, I get message "This computer failed validation.  When I expand details, it tells me that all three applications passed.  But then below it tells me thtat Office Professional 2003 failed???  Also be aware that I have tried to download the the Save As PDF file from other workstations (all running Office 2003) and get the same results.  And all copies are licensed copies.

When I select any other downloads from Microsoft  (i.e. DirectX web, etc. ) I can vaildate just fine, download and install with no problem.

I have run the Genuine Advantage Diagonist Tool on my laptop and it  comes back with the following i the Validation Status: 114blocked VLK2

I attend a Microsot 2007 Launch earlier this month and received my copy of Office 2007 for attending.  Instructions were to go to MS site download and install but rather than use trial Product Key from site to use Keys issued to me directly at Launch.

Monday, February 26, 2007 4:34 PM
  •  Ftizard wrote:

I have both Office 2003 Pro and Office 2007 Pro on my laptop, as well ast Office OneNote 2003. I want to download the "Save As PDF" so that I can use in Office 2007.  However, when I go through the Validation, I get message "This computer failed validation.  When I expand details, it tells me that all three applications passed.  But then below it tells me thtat Office Professional 2003 failed???  Also be aware that I have tried to download the the Save As PDF file from other workstations (all running Office 2003) and get the same results.  And all copies are licensed copies.

When I select any other downloads from Microsoft  (i.e. DirectX web, etc. ) I can vaildate just fine, download and install with no problem.

I have run the Genuine Advantage Diagonist Tool on my laptop and it  comes back with the following i the Validation Status: 114blocked VLK2

I attend a Microsot 2007 Launch earlier this month and received my copy of Office 2007 for attending.  Instructions were to go to MS site download and install but rather than use trial Product Key from site to use Keys issued to me directly at Launch.

Hi Fitzard,

OK, let me try to address the easiest question first.  DirectX will require Windows validation, which is entirely different than Office validation, so it sounds like your Windows installation passes validation and if fine.

Without seeing the entire output of the diagnostic tool, I can't give you all of the answers to your question.  However, 114 Blocked VLK2 does help me answer your main question.  If you are trying to obtain the 'Save As PDF' add-in, and cannot it is because you are failing Office validation due to the 114 Blocked VLK2 error (and I suspect it's because of your Office 2003 Professional installation, but again I would prefer to see the entire diagnostic output). 

The 114 Blocked VLK2  error tells me that the the product key used to install Office Professional Edition is a VLK (volume license key) that has been blocked per the request of the legal VLK holder.  The corporation who owns this key is located in Washington State, U.S..

You will need to uninstall Office 2003 and use the product key that came with your Office Professional 2003 Edition.  It may be affixed to the CD cover or jewel case on a yellow/orange sticker. 

If you purchased this copy of Office from a reseller or retailer, you are a victim and should report this piracy to Microsoft.  Microsoft legal will follow up on all leads provided.  If you were sold high quality counterfeit Office, you may be eligible for a complimentary replacement copy.  For details on the ways to 'get genuine', see the web page that outlined your validation failure details.  It will provide all of the possible steps you can take.

Once you uninstall the product failing validation, you should be able to successfully download the 'Save As PDF'. 

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.  Freel free to post your diagnostic output and I can look at that as well if you would like.

Thanks,
    Michelle

Friday, March 2, 2007 9:40 PM
  • Woohoo

Worked for me, Thank you! I just finished installing the outlook calendar print assistant.  Once I know I like this program I will purchase with my student discount.

Thanks agan

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 1:10 AM

All replies

• Please visit http://www.microsoft.com/genuine and click on Validate Office.  Do you get the same message?
    Sunday, February 4, 2007 4:58 AM
  • Hi Michael,

I'm sure the Office 2007 Standard Edition you purchased from Best Buy is just fine.  It may just be a messaging issue or something simple.  Did you re-validate as Carey suggested?  Was there an error code on the page (in gray text)?  If so, can you provide that? 

You could also just run our diagnostic tool and post the output here and this will also help tell us what the validation issue is. 

1)      Logon to the PC that is experiencing the notifications as a user with ADMIN rights.

2)      Download the tool:   http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 click RUN.

3)      When the tool loads, click CONTINUE.

4)      Is the RESOLVE button available?  If so, please click RESOLVE to allow the diagnostic tool to repair the issue.

5)      From the Windows tab, click the COPY button.

6)      Reply back to this post and PASTE the results.

Note:  Make sure that you have activated Office 2007 Standard prior to trying to download anything. 

Thanks!
    Michelle

Monday, February 5, 2007 6:19 PM
  •  

I moved my Office from an old computer using Laplink PC mover and got a validation rejection

the tool gave the following results:

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0012.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-DF4RC-97FHM-X2QW3
    Windows Product Key Hash: XTz8OsI6pC7phfUCCVtwV5AHJKs=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2211906-00817
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.med
    ID: e7db526b-a851-4355-839c-0488af0fda2b
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.5.723.1
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.20.0
    Office Diagnostics: 77F760FE-150-80070002_7E90FEE8-175-80070002_B4D0AA8B-817-80070057

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>e7db526b-a851-4355-839c-0488af0fda2b</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.med</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-X2QW3</PKey><PID>76487-OEM-2211906-00817</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-279710916-405166374-2164166322</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>TOSHIBA</Manufacturer><Model>Satellite U205</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>TOSHIBA</Manufacturer><Version>Version 1.50</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20061020000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>TOSHIBA,TOSHIBA,TOSHIBA,TOSHIBA</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>66D83507018400DC</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>SA Western Standard Time(GMT-04:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>Toshiba</name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>59D1605114E3500</Val><Hash>vfZmaSmFPIYrLWTcZSZErUQg+Fo=</Hash><Pid>73931-640-0000106-57950</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{91120409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>104</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><PidType>0</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Thursday, February 15, 2007 9:01 PM
  • Hi Ruben,

Thank you for posting your diagnostic information.  I can see right away what the issue is with Office and why it is not passing validation and it's not a false reponse.  Unfortunatley, the product key used to install Office Professional Edition is a VLK (volume license key) that has been blocked per the request of the legal VLK holder.  The corporation who owns this key is located in Washington State, U.S..

You will need to uninstall Office and use the product key that came with your Office Professional Edition.  It may be affixed to the CD cover or jewel case on a yellow/orange sticker. 

Your Windows installation did pass validation and is genuine, so that's great news.

I hope this helps!!

Thanks,
    Michelle

Thursday, February 15, 2007 9:28 PM
  • I have both Office 2003 Pro and Office 2007 Pro on my laptop, as well ast Office OneNote 2003. I want to download the "Save As PDF" so that I can use in Office 2007.  However, when I go through the Validation, I get message "This computer failed validation.  When I expand details, it tells me that all three applications passed.  But then below it tells me thtat Office Professional 2003 failed???  Also be aware that I have tried to download the the Save As PDF file from other workstations (all running Office 2003) and get the same results.  And all copies are licensed copies.

Monday, February 26, 2007 4:34 PM
  •  Ftizard wrote:

I have both Office 2003 Pro and Office 2007 Pro on my laptop, as well ast Office OneNote 2003. I want to download the "Save As PDF" so that I can use in Office 2007.  However, when I go through the Validation, I get message "This computer failed validation.  When I expand details, it tells me that all three applications passed.  But then below it tells me thtat Office Professional 2003 failed???  Also be aware that I have tried to download the the Save As PDF file from other workstations (all running Office 2003) and get the same results.  And all copies are licensed copies.

Hi Fitzard,

OK, let me try to address the easiest question first.  DirectX will require Windows validation, which is entirely different than Office validation, so it sounds like your Windows installation passes validation and if fine.

Without seeing the entire output of the diagnostic tool, I can't give you all of the answers to your question.  However, 114 Blocked VLK2 does help me answer your main question.  If you are trying to obtain the 'Save As PDF' add-in, and cannot it is because you are failing Office validation due to the 114 Blocked VLK2 error (and I suspect it's because of your Office 2003 Professional installation, but again I would prefer to see the entire diagnostic output). 

The 114 Blocked VLK2  error tells me that the the product key used to install Office Professional Edition is a VLK (volume license key) that has been blocked per the request of the legal VLK holder.  The corporation who owns this key is located in Washington State, U.S..

You will need to uninstall Office 2003 and use the product key that came with your Office Professional 2003 Edition.  It may be affixed to the CD cover or jewel case on a yellow/orange sticker. 

Once you uninstall the product failing validation, you should be able to successfully download the 'Save As PDF'. 

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.  Freel free to post your diagnostic output and I can look at that as well if you would like.

Thanks,
    Michelle

Friday, March 2, 2007 9:40 PM
  • Woohoo

Worked for me, Thank you! I just finished installing the outlook calendar print assistant.  Once I know I like this program I will purchase with my student discount.

Thanks agan

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 1:10 AM