multiple domains all pointing to one? Considered spam??? RRS feed

• Question

• Been checking my keywords on all search engines and I have run across one site in particular that has a couple hundread domain names all with the same content and same pages ranking well and cluttering the results of the pages.

Is this considered spam?

Literally for tens of keywords the same domain is cluttering the results with different domain names.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 3:00 AM

Answers

• Hi,

When you say, " all pointing to one domain..." do you mean they are redirecting all of these domains or is it just a copy of the same domain?

Monday, August 25, 2008 3:22 PM

All replies

• It's more of a loop~hole of search engines. Most of the times you find those sites, you'll notice they're full of spam and pop~ups. There are search engines that dislike it, and if found are forced down to a low ranking number (500+). Much like junk~mail; like AOL disks that don't say who they're from.

Spamming domain names as well as metatags and descriptions was a very old way to get ontop of the search engines that would search strictly for content. Upon the thought that a site that has what your searching for the most, must be best. Search Engines now though are more complicated and sites like those don't last long upon the top. They just made past the filters in place, but will be eventually found to be a site that has no use.
    Friday, August 22, 2008 10:14 PM
  • This is a site that is top for their nitch and is not all spam content.. However they have a couple HUNDRED domain names all with the same content ( not spam ) all pointing to one domain name...

just clutters the search results.. pushs a lot of other quality sites to deeper pages / deeper results..

kinda bs if ya ask me.. but the big three have not caught on yet..

Friday, August 22, 2008 11:03 PM
  • Hi,

When you say, " all pointing to one domain..." do you mean they are redirecting all of these domains or is it just a copy of the same domain?

Monday, August 25, 2008 3:22 PM