locked
Sync with DB2 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I am using DB2 on server and SQL CE on client and we are not able to perform the sync using Microsoft Synchronization Services, though the code work fine with SQL server at server end.

    We had tried with OLEDB and DB2 Data provider, with OLEDB we are able to insert one row in table but all continous insert operations are failed and no update or delete is working.

    With DB2 data provider we are able to connect to database but when we are trying to provide connection to sync service provider it is throwing an exception ": Invalid connection object. Unable to create a new instance of the connection object"

    Please help, if any one knows any possible solution for this problem

    Sachin

    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 11:10 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 6:05 AM

All replies

  • Hi Sachin,

    Were you able to get download only to work? Basically, if you made changes on the server only, can you see the client downloading the changes.
    I am trying to isolate the problem, so let's make sure that downloading changes from the server is working and then move to uploads.

    Thanks

    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 3:38 PM
  • Hi

    Yes, All changes made to server are reflected on  client, but other ways it isnt working at all.

    Sachin

    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 3:43 PM

  • Can you share the command or SP that you are using for applying insert (the Oledb command, along with the parameters)?

    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 3:50 PM
  • I am not in office right away, will check and share the code tomorrow

    preferably if u can share ur e mail id with me will be more good

    thanks

    Sachin

    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 5:26 PM
  • Sachin,

    I will pass you my email offline, however, I’d like to continue this thread so that people running into the same issue would benefit form this discussion.

    Thanks

    Wednesday, March 14, 2007 5:36 PM
  • Hi All

    After working a lot We had found a solution out for the problem we were facing.

    While we add parameters to table, earlier we were not providing the size of the parameter, that time it was working for 1 insert and later for all inserts it use to throw an error and today while just trying with some other thing we just provide the size and it started working for inserts, though it is still not working for updates and delete.

    If you know the reason, why it work when we provided the size and any solution for updates and insert from client to server please let us know

     

    Sachin.

    Friday, March 16, 2007 7:03 AM