sever windows authentication problems RRS feed

• Question

• hey, i browsed the forums but found no solution to my problem, so im asking help here.

earlier today i tried to logon to my user account and a message poped up saying i needed to authenticate windows to continue.
    The message led me to windows genuine web page, and i followed the links to authenticate windows.
    however it told me that my windows did not pass authentication, and gave me steps to fix it.

i tied all the steps many times with no results.
    Also im having to run my computer in safe mode in order to be able to use any of the programs on my computer.
    I want to reinstal windows vista via the instilation disk i have, but it wont allow me to do this in safe mode, and when im not in safe mode i dont have a start button, or access to any files/ programs/ ect.

i know for a fact that my windows is authentic, and i have been using for a few years now. im not sure what to do, and all the anti virus software that  i ran while in safe mode did not help me at all.

if you need anymore info about my problem i can give it to you, but this is all i currently know about it.
    thanks in advance.
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Monday, October 12, 2009 3:20 AM Moved to relevant category (From:Genuine Advantage Offers - Eligibility Issues Forum)
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 7:31 PM

Answers

• No reply from original poster.

Closing thread as Answered.

Darin MS
    Monday, October 19, 2009 6:14 PM

All replies

• To help us analyze and troubleshoot the issue you are experiencing, please download and run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool

Once you run the tool, click on the Continue button, then click on the Copy button and paste the report into your post. 

Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    Monday, October 12, 2009 4:56 AM
  • No reply from original poster.

Closing thread as Answered.

Darin MS
    Monday, October 19, 2009 6:14 PM