How Can I sync files from a Client (Windows Service) to a remote WebServer? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have been trying to get the File Sync working with WCF & I could not implement it.  I could implement the file sync properly with a NetworkShare as the remote provider.

I wanted to know

(1) Can we use ftp site or sftp in the server side?

(2) How can I implement a WCF Service for File Sync?  I'm basically looking for a WCF Service Interface definition and the main implementation in the Service class inheriting from Service Interface.  I may want to sync to a folder in that server.

(3) Is there any way to implement a system with NO Server Side process/service?  I would like to know if I can setup a webserver (may be a Tomcat Server) at server side so that the client (Windows Service) can connect to the WebServer and sync the files to the webserver directory itself without having any .NET component at the server side?

It would be a great help if you could give pointers for these.  Basic idea is to minimize/avoid using any .NET based Server Side component for this.

Thanks in advance,

Praveen Nair

Thursday, July 31, 2014 6:23 PM

All replies

• ftp/sftp/http are not supported out of the box with the file sync provider.

you will have to build your own custom sync provider if you want 1,2 and 3.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 1:44 AM