CRM 2011 - Query Builder Error (The specified field does not exist in Microsoft Dynamics CRM) - Http Error 404.15 - Not Found RRS feed

• Question

• Experts/Gurus,

I am coming across a very strange scenario, on my end i have done enough experiments. I will walk through the issue through screen shots:

I WILL BREAKUP THE POST IN TWO (because i am allowed only two screen shots)

• My Scenario is very simple. In one of our Custom Entities, i have 1-N relationship with another Custom Table. For e.g (Account and Opportunity)
    • From my main Custom Entity --> from the Main Form --> through Navigation links on the left i am trying to call my Custom entity For e.g (calling opportunity from Account form).
    • The expected result = Default ASSOCIATED VIEW but in my case i get following error (i can confirm that i have not modified anything in the views for that related table, it has those default NAME and DATE CREATED fields): 

• on clicking TRY AGAIN (4-5 times), i get this screen:

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 8:45 AM

Answers

• Sorry for the late followup on this.

We were able to resolve this issue.

Open your IE --> Tool --> Advanced

• Uncheck --> "Show friendly HTTP error messages"

This should show you, what exact field is causing you the problem.

In our case, we had a "Custom button" in the Ribbon for our Subgrid and that button was using of the fields for visible true/false.
    I didn't have that field on the main form because primarily i was using that subgrid for two different entities.

So long story short, uncheck the flag and you will find out the problem.

Hope that helps!

Always feels great when your efforts are appreciated or at least what you have done may have helped somebody, so please VOTE AS HELPFUL if applicable.

• Marked as answer by itsgonabeme Monday, February 25, 2013 10:01 PM
    Monday, February 25, 2013 10:00 PM

All replies

• Next i checked the string length of request URL and it turns out to be 2170. I did some reading about this issue and found out that value can be changed in either IIS or in config file. Default limit is 2048. Next i changed the limit to maximum possible (please see screen shot below):

• Next after changing the value, restarted IIS, re-run the same form and navigation link and i get this error now:

I am pretty sure, i am not the first one who came across this issue, i would really appreciate if you can kindly comment/suggest on how to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance,
    Sam

• Edited by itsgonabeme Wednesday, September 12, 2012 8:46 AM
    Wednesday, September 12, 2012 8:45 AM
  • Just want to post a quick note, i have already gone through following links:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/emeadcrmsupport/archive/2012/03/22/http-error-404-15-when-trying-to-login-to-microsoft-dynamics-crm-4-0.aspx
    http://www.iis.net/configreference/system.webserver/security/requestfiltering/requestlimits
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;942071

WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IF SOMEBODY CAN ASSIST ME WITH THIS.
    I have also removed the 1-N relationship, re-created the field, entered data again, still same ISSUE.

Any MVP, expert, anybody from MICROSOFT reading this post?

Always feels good when your efforts are appreciated or at least what you have done may have helped somebody, so please VOTE AS HELPFUL if applicable.

Thursday, September 13, 2012 12:53 AM
  • I also came across this issue when open the draft process to edit, after I install some windows updates.

Any body konwn how to resolve it?

• Edited by CheneyGu Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:06 AM
    Tuesday, February 19, 2013 3:03 AM
  • Sorry for the late followup on this.

We were able to resolve this issue.

Open your IE --> Tool --> Advanced

• Uncheck --> "Show friendly HTTP error messages"

This should show you, what exact field is causing you the problem.

In our case, we had a "Custom button" in the Ribbon for our Subgrid and that button was using of the fields for visible true/false.
    I didn't have that field on the main form because primarily i was using that subgrid for two different entities.

So long story short, uncheck the flag and you will find out the problem.

Hope that helps!

Always feels great when your efforts are appreciated or at least what you have done may have helped somebody, so please VOTE AS HELPFUL if applicable.

• Marked as answer by itsgonabeme Monday, February 25, 2013 10:01 PM
    Monday, February 25, 2013 10:00 PM
  • I am receiving this error when exporting a solution.  Try the above steps and I am unable to pinpoint exactly what is missing.  Any thoughts?
    Thank you.

• Proposed as answer by LuisaSem Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:42 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by LuisaSem Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:43 PM
    • Proposed as answer by LuisaSem Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:43 PM
    Tuesday, May 13, 2014 2:29 AM
  • Sorry, you were able to solve this problem? Because of this error to mee too ehrn export the solution 

Thank you

Thursday, March 17, 2016 1:46 PM