2wire URGENT support RRS feed

• Question

• 2wire makes routers and all the AT&T/SBC [leading internet service in the usa] costumers get 1 when suscribing.  You guys got the top-selling routers incuded,  but that's out on the market and in retails. Im sure the 2wire routers give LODS to SBC and a lot of people just stay with that given router [like me]. please make theis great feature support the 2wire router. I would love to test it out asap

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 3:24 AM

Answers

• patrykdj,

Though I agree that the AT&T/SBC supplied 2Wire routers are probably quite prevalent, they wouldn't really benefit much from the Secure WiFi at the present time. The reason is that the configuration disk or Web interface provided by AT&T/SBC has already helped the user set an administrative password for the router. Since the current Secure WiFi detection will only work with an unconfigured router, this means it won't work with these routers since they're already configured.

I do agree these should be included at the time the option to enter a username/password combination is added to Secure WiFi. My understanding is that this won't happen until some future version of OneCare, so not in the 2.0 release time frame.

OneCareBear

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 4:35 AM

All replies

• patrykdj,

Though I agree that the AT&T/SBC supplied 2Wire routers are probably quite prevalent, they wouldn't really benefit much from the Secure WiFi at the present time. The reason is that the configuration disk or Web interface provided by AT&T/SBC has already helped the user set an administrative password for the router. Since the current Secure WiFi detection will only work with an unconfigured router, this means it won't work with these routers since they're already configured.

I do agree these should be included at the time the option to enter a username/password combination is added to Secure WiFi. My understanding is that this won't happen until some future version of OneCare, so not in the 2.0 release time frame.

OneCareBear

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 4:35 AM
  •  

with this said I would have to say that I fully agree with you. Although jumping from one enviroment to another for security reasons isnt that inviting, i guess I could wait =] and cnat wait to see the support for 2Wire routers
    Tuesday, August 21, 2007 2:15 PM