Phil you fail to understand me RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Phil,

I think I am in need of clarification

Following are the things that I need to clarify and seek clarification for :

1. I had posted with reference to the  post that you had written so I did not feel the need to post in the feedback and comments section as this would have created a confusion on the reference which I am taking.

2. I dont think I carried out an act of profainity : I did not resort to use of vulgar language or any thing which could hurt the sentiments of my fellow WGA users. I a single user complains about my use of vulgarity I agree to apologise for it.

3. Though I know the page which gives out the tool for non-genuine conversion I have not downloaded it and used it.I had only wanted your recommendation for I still am using a VLK in my computer. A local assembler had assembled my computer preinstalled with XP pro and I had purchased a retail copy before the WGA thing came into affect.

4. I did not distribute the tool my only motive was to show you that it is available in microsoft website itself with reference of your denial of existance of it.

5. Please check the portion of my post you have edited I totally agree with your editing the link that I posted but do not agree on defacing of the portion of the text that I posted; it was my question that you edited.Phil, please check.

6. I have no intension of distributing the tool or using it for personal purpose .

7. I want to know why do I have to disable my firewall before I submit my post or put the MS forum in My trusted sites list when I do not trust MS.

8. I fail to understand the need for WGA at this timing with just about 8 months for the launch of windows vista; are you trying to send the signal that MS is trying to milk as much as it can an aging cow and trying to rake as much money as possible .Is it due to this fact that  windows vista is being delayed so that microsoft can use its market monopoly.

9. I want to know the countries where this WGA has been released, I live in India and want to know whether it is under the countries where WGA has been pre-released .

I need your recommendation, advice and your kind attention.Please respond and please do not delete my post as according to me I have not violated any rules or my post is of vulgar nature.

Thanking You Phil,

REDspot

Tuesday, May 2, 2006 7:11 AM

Answers

•  REDspot wrote:

Dear Phil,

Very well.

REDspot wrote:

1. I had posted with reference to the  post that you had written so I did not feel the need to post in the feedback and comments section as this would have created a confusion on the reference which I am taking.

Feedback and comments have their own section. If you wish to make a personal attack on myself or Microsoft, then please use the feedback section. Arguing in a help section detracts from its purpose.

REDspot wrote:

2. I dont think I carried out an act of profainity : I did not resort to use of vulgar language or any thing which could hurt the sentiments of my fellow WGA users. I a single user complains about my use of vulgarity I agree to apologise for it.

I did not, in any way, say you were acting with vulgarity. I did make reference that you were out of line in cross posting tools that may or may not work for certain users it was not designed for.

REDspot wrote:

3. Though I know the page which gives out the tool for non-genuine conversion I have not downloaded it and used it.I had only wanted your recommendation for I still am using a VLK in my computer. A local assembler had assembled my computer preinstalled with XP pro and I had purchased a retail copy before the WGA thing came into affect.

As said before, I recommend reinstalling Windows in this case. The WGA Kits have very specific Product Keys designed for our WGA Kit Tools.

REDspot wrote:

4. I did not distribute the tool my only motive was to show you that it is available in microsoft website itself with reference of your denial of existance of it.

I didn't deny existence. Understand where I am coming from... I am helping the regular user that does not wish to purchase a WGA Kit. That tool is not designed for non-WGA Kit users, and I do not recommend that path. It would be bad user experience to be recommended a path that could potentially faulter a user's machine the tool was not designed for.

REDspot wrote:

5. Please check the portion of my post you have edited I totally agree with your editing the link that I posted but do not agree on defacing of the portion of the text that I posted; it was my question that you edited.Phil, please check.

I edited the link.

REDspot wrote:

6. I have no intension of distributing the tool or using it for personal purpose .

It is not designed for users that are not using a WGA Kit. I do not recommend it if you did not purchase a WGA Kit.

REDspot wrote:

7. I want to know why do I have to disable my firewall before I submit my post or put the MS forum in My trusted sites list when I do not trust MS.

The .NET account uses cookies within your system and tries to simplify your login process by saving (on your local machine) login information. None of this information is used by Microsoft. Hotmail accounts (.Net accounts) are all the same. This works with any internet browser. Firefox or Internet Explorer.

REDspot wrote:

8. I fail to understand the need for WGA at this timing with just about 8 months for the launch of windows vista; are you trying to send the signal that MS is trying to milk as much as it can an aging cow and trying to rake as much money as possible .Is it due to this fact that  windows vista is being delayed so that microsoft can use its market monopoly.

Opinions are always welcome. Microsoft is attempting to protects its customers from being taken advantage of, as well we are protecting our intellectual property we have spent years developing. This program is also set out to create an even "playing" field for all software distributors, whether small local shops or OEM computer makers. Software piracy has detrimental effects for all markets. Please read more at www.microsoft.com/genuine . You wouldn't want someone stealing something of yours, would you? :)

REDspot wrote:

9. I want to know the countries where this WGA has been released, I live in India and want to know whether it is under the countries where WGA has been pre-released .

Countries that WGA has been released can be found on local news sites. That is being fully covered by press releases worldwide.

REDspot wrote:

I need your recommendation, advice and your kind attention.Please respond and please do not delete my post as according to me I have not violated any rules or my post is of vulgar nature.

I have not deleted your posts. Rules are set above in sections within these forums. This is a public forum, and there are rules to abide by. While Microsoft appreciates feedback of all our products and services, as well as the privacy of all users - there are rules that must be set aside so all users can enjoy the service a public forum brings.

Vulgarity, cross-linking of programs that may or may not be supported, advertising, and other ill acts will not be tolerated.

Tuesday, May 2, 2006 7:40 AM
  •  REDspot wrote:

Thank You Phil for clarifying my exaustive set of questions

Yes. I only hope that everyone using our services can appreciate the answers given.

REDspot wrote:

why do you differentiate between a Retail buyer and one who bought a WGA kit from MS website when both have paid MS for their copy.

You make the kit available for one and not the other.

(editing beginning text, as it seems offensive to myself.)

The WGA control does not differentiate between users. The kit is specifically designed for users that simply want to upgrade immediately. Some users wish to purchase locally, and we allow them to disable notifications temporarily until they choose to purchase a genuine copy of Windows. However, we cannot always determine what type of product a user will be purchasing (genuine/non-genuine). Thus, we are creating a tool that will accomodate in a larger, more broad sense. This takes development time, and we are underway. i.e. - we've identified this and are currently moving on it.

REDspot wrote:

You have also said that MS is in the prosess of designing a product which would be available for the retail users .Can you say that the tool would be available for free to people like me.

What do you mean by this classification of user? Please elaborate. I don't quite understand the full extent of your question.

In relation to the tool completion, we are not able to release a schedule for it currently.

REDspot wrote:

Anything happens I am not going to re-install windows if I dont have any security holes in my computer other than the unpatched security holes that MS has not developed a patch to.

Also I would say that this forum is not compatible with mozilla firefox or opera even. Though I am able to read the posts, log on to my windows passport, I am not able to post anything using them also the working on IE is crippled I have to disable my firewall everytime I post a reply otherwise it returns a error that " Your error has been logged".

I don't know how you setup your security settings in Internet Explorer or Firefox. Users have a variety of settings. For a walkthrough on settings security settings for most WGA features, please head to www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag

REDspot wrote:

Thanks,

REDspot

You're welcome.

Wednesday, May 3, 2006 12:52 AM
  • It will be a free tool.
    Thursday, May 4, 2006 12:15 AM

All replies

•  REDspot wrote:

Dear Phil,

Very well.

REDspot wrote:

Feedback and comments have their own section. If you wish to make a personal attack on myself or Microsoft, then please use the feedback section. Arguing in a help section detracts from its purpose.

REDspot wrote:

I did not, in any way, say you were acting with vulgarity. I did make reference that you were out of line in cross posting tools that may or may not work for certain users it was not designed for.

REDspot wrote:

As said before, I recommend reinstalling Windows in this case. The WGA Kits have very specific Product Keys designed for our WGA Kit Tools.

REDspot wrote:

I didn't deny existence. Understand where I am coming from... I am helping the regular user that does not wish to purchase a WGA Kit. That tool is not designed for non-WGA Kit users, and I do not recommend that path. It would be bad user experience to be recommended a path that could potentially faulter a user's machine the tool was not designed for.

REDspot wrote:

I edited the link.

REDspot wrote:

It is not designed for users that are not using a WGA Kit. I do not recommend it if you did not purchase a WGA Kit.

REDspot wrote:

The .NET account uses cookies within your system and tries to simplify your login process by saving (on your local machine) login information. None of this information is used by Microsoft. Hotmail accounts (.Net accounts) are all the same. This works with any internet browser. Firefox or Internet Explorer.

REDspot wrote:

Opinions are always welcome. Microsoft is attempting to protects its customers from being taken advantage of, as well we are protecting our intellectual property we have spent years developing. This program is also set out to create an even "playing" field for all software distributors, whether small local shops or OEM computer makers. Software piracy has detrimental effects for all markets. Please read more at www.microsoft.com/genuine . You wouldn't want someone stealing something of yours, would you? :)

REDspot wrote:

Countries that WGA has been released can be found on local news sites. That is being fully covered by press releases worldwide.

REDspot wrote:

I have not deleted your posts. Rules are set above in sections within these forums. This is a public forum, and there are rules to abide by. While Microsoft appreciates feedback of all our products and services, as well as the privacy of all users - there are rules that must be set aside so all users can enjoy the service a public forum brings.

Vulgarity, cross-linking of programs that may or may not be supported, advertising, and other ill acts will not be tolerated.

Tuesday, May 2, 2006 7:40 AM
  • Thank You Phil for clarifying my exaustive set of questions

Phil, I want to know why do you differentiate between a Retail buyer and one who bought a WGA kit from MS website when both have paid MS for their copy.

You have also said that MS is in the prosess of designing a product which would be available for the retail users .Can you say that the tool would be available for free to people like me.

Anything happens I am not going to re-install windows if I dont have any security holes in my computer other than the unpatched security holes that MS has not developed a patch to.

Also I would say that this forum is not compatible with mozilla firefox or opera even. Though I am able to read the posts, log on to my windows passport, I am not able to post anything using them also the working on IE is crippled I have to disable my firewall everytime I post a reply otherwise it returns a error that " Your error has been logged".

Thanks,

REDspot

Tuesday, May 2, 2006 8:03 AM
  •  REDspot wrote:

Thank You Phil for clarifying my exaustive set of questions

Yes. I only hope that everyone using our services can appreciate the answers given.

REDspot wrote:

why do you differentiate between a Retail buyer and one who bought a WGA kit from MS website when both have paid MS for their copy.

(editing beginning text, as it seems offensive to myself.)

The WGA control does not differentiate between users. The kit is specifically designed for users that simply want to upgrade immediately. Some users wish to purchase locally, and we allow them to disable notifications temporarily until they choose to purchase a genuine copy of Windows. However, we cannot always determine what type of product a user will be purchasing (genuine/non-genuine). Thus, we are creating a tool that will accomodate in a larger, more broad sense. This takes development time, and we are underway. i.e. - we've identified this and are currently moving on it.

REDspot wrote:

What do you mean by this classification of user? Please elaborate. I don't quite understand the full extent of your question.

In relation to the tool completion, we are not able to release a schedule for it currently.

REDspot wrote:

I don't know how you setup your security settings in Internet Explorer or Firefox. Users have a variety of settings. For a walkthrough on settings security settings for most WGA features, please head to www.microsoft.com/genuine/diag

REDspot wrote:

Thanks,

REDspot

You're welcome.

Wednesday, May 3, 2006 12:52 AM
  •  Phil Liu MSFT wrote:

REDspot wrote:

By the phrase "people like me" I meant people who have bought XP Pro from a retailer rather than who bought the Wga kit form the microsoft website. We do not have permissible access to the windows product key update tool and I am sure that people like me who do not want to reinstall their operating system would be egarly waiting for the tool. I wanted to know that upon the release of such a software would it be available for free for "people like me" or  would we have to pay for it.

Thanks

REDspot

Wednesday, May 3, 2006 6:37 AM
  • It will be a free tool.
    Thursday, May 4, 2006 12:15 AM
  •  Phil Liu MSFT wrote:
    It will be a free tool.

Thanks for your answer

I am egarly waiting for the tool.

Phil I have a two suggestions regarding this forum:

1. I see a lot of people in this forum who have a valid copy of XP in their system but still get the notification due to mismatch of their key with their COA ,please post a sticky describing the way to change the notification settings until their problems are redressed.

2. Please provide the reason for editing the post at the spot where you have edited.

Hope I have not given you troubles and have not hurt you with my language.

Thanks

REDspot

Thursday, May 4, 2006 8:55 AM
  • I'll be posting a big announcement when its released.

If you read the bottom of each edit column, I do state the reasons why I edit certain posts.

Thursday, May 4, 2006 11:58 PM
  • Dear Phil,

I am planning to add a new hard drive to my computer and now it seems from the feedback from  WGA users that on upgrading their hardware their copy of XP were rendered non-genuine.

Now I do have a non genuine product key and I plan to use the tool that you said would be released to aid my conversion to a genuine one.

My question is that do I plan all the hardware upgrades before changing the key or will adding new hardware would not make a difference to the hardware profile of my conputer.

Thanks,

REDspot

Sunday, May 7, 2006 8:56 AM
  • Phil or Greg, the previous post was Posted By:   REDspot on 05-07-2006 8:56 AM UTC.

By the way thanks for the update tool.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 8:15 AM