windows does not verify my copy of XP RRS feed

• Question

• I bought my laptop some 4 years ago with a genuine copy of windows, this came with a disk and a product key, 8 to 10 months ago I had some repairs carried out, and a different version of XP was installed. This seems to be a illegal version according to Microsoft, although I have been downloading upgrades with no problem, I have installed SP3.
    I have lost my wallpaper and for some reason my PC does not see my dvd drive, so I can not reload my origional copy of windows.
    I have tried the well advertised way to make my copy genuine by changing to product key, but I seem to have lost my MSOOBE.EXE file so that way seems closed, How can I recover my lost MSOOBE.EXE file?.
    • Moved by Kiran Polimetla Thursday, June 11, 2009 8:56 AM Not related to Social Bookmarks (From:Social Bookmarks Discussion Forum)
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 9:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your post!

I would suggest posting your question in the forum below.

For Windows XP: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itproxpsp/threads/

Hope that helps.

Have a great day!
    Kiran Polimetla, Tier 2 Application Support, Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Thursday, June 11, 2009 8:50 AM
  • us your original copy o fthe recovery cd and see if that fixes it
    the msoobe file isnot replaceable without reloading windows
    Friday, June 12, 2009 5:06 AM