EULA problem server keeps shuting down RRS feed

• Question

•    hello all, 

i installed the microsoft home server (downloaded from technet -by microsoft) 
    i'm still on the 30 day trial but i have this problem: (i downloaded the PP1 and installed it , and did all the updates.

my server keeps shuting down and i have an error in my Event viewer , service SBSCORE ELUA problem .... my computer will shut down after 30 min or after 60 min .

i don't know what to do about it ...
    i'm still testing the program and i'm not sure about her stebilaty ... that's why i haven't buy the licence yet ...

can anyone help me ??

thanks

ok103
    Monday, December 15, 2008 7:19 AM

Answers

• Maybe your trial version has timed out already.
    This causes reboots all 1 or 2 (?) hours.
    If you have fresh installd - did you use a product key, which has been used and activated before?
    Did the date/time of your server change at any time after installation, triggering the built in time bomb?

You say 30 days - this is the time frame, in which you can use the product without entering a key.
    Did you use a retail version or a trial version of the Setup DVD?

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    • Marked as answer by ok103 Thursday, December 18, 2008 9:48 AM
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 10:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    did you add the server to a domain or make it a domain controller? Both actions are denied by the EULA and will cause such a periodic shutdown.
    Olaf
    Monday, December 15, 2008 7:51 AM
  • hello there
     i didn't add the server to a domain and didn't make it a domain controller...
    i just updated him and installed the PP1  .
    i don't understand how to disable the EULA ,,,
    i can't seem to backup or send a large file... to simply see if i want to buy the WINDOWS HOME SERVER...
    it's strange that i have this problem ... it's still evaluation (trail) version ...

Can SOMEONE please help me out???

thanks a lot

ok103
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 10:03 AM
  • Maybe your trial version has timed out already.
    This causes reboots all 1 or 2 (?) hours.
    If you have fresh installd - did you use a product key, which has been used and activated before?
    Did the date/time of your server change at any time after installation, triggering the built in time bomb?

You say 30 days - this is the time frame, in which you can use the product without entering a key.
    Did you use a retail version or a trial version of the Setup DVD?

Olaf
    • Marked as answer by ok103 Thursday, December 18, 2008 9:48 AM
    Wednesday, December 17, 2008 10:18 AM