Remotely correcting action items with OneCare RRS feed

• Question

• One thing I would like to be able to do is to correct action items from any of my 3 pc's, I have entered each as a hub, two of them are wired to the hub the third is wireless. How can I configure the remote desktop so I can do this. 1 has xp Home, 1 XP media, 1 Vista Home Premium.

Sunday, February 3, 2008 3:01 PM

Answers

• Tom is correct. The Home editions do not allow you to connect via Remote desktop. However, here is an unsupported (and not tested by me) solution for your Vista machine - http://portal.tonychan.org/Default.aspx?tabid=58&EntryID=123

I don't know if a similar solution exists for XP Home.

The first iteration of OneCare v2 Circle functionality allows for minor fixes to be performed from the hub to the other Circle machines. Other fixes require that you go to that machine and open OneCare. I believe that the developers are looking to increase the functions available for repair remotely from the hub for future versions.

-stve

Monday, February 4, 2008 5:44 PM

All replies

• Sorry - have you made each a hub? I don't think you will be able to do remote control as I think remote desktop connection is only available in xp pro. You will be able to do it using something like pcanywhere.

Tom

Sunday, February 3, 2008 7:06 PM
  • Tom is correct. The Home editions do not allow you to connect via Remote desktop. However, here is an unsupported (and not tested by me) solution for your Vista machine - http://portal.tonychan.org/Default.aspx?tabid=58&EntryID=123

I don't know if a similar solution exists for XP Home.

The first iteration of OneCare v2 Circle functionality allows for minor fixes to be performed from the hub to the other Circle machines. Other fixes require that you go to that machine and open OneCare. I believe that the developers are looking to increase the functions available for repair remotely from the hub for future versions.

-stve

Monday, February 4, 2008 5:44 PM