Backup not only on a daily basis RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

backing up data continuous daily is ok. But how to deal with some paths where often changed files must be backed up. Today I am using a very good online replication and versioning software. Every files which has changed will be backuped immediately after saving it to disk (within seconds I have a secure copy). With backing up data only on a daily basis there is the possibility that you loose your complete days work. (yes I assume that I don’t start a complete manual backup - everythink you have to manage manualy will be a risk). For better security I spread all this replikations onto 4 additional and separat systems. In case of a hardware dammage I do not have any problems with loosing datas.

I would like to see the possibility that Home Server is able to backup predefined paths 24 hours a day, as soon as there are changes (and the clinets is in state online) this backup will be made. So I like to see an online replication on its best inclusive the versioning (building up a history of these files). This is very important due to the fact that special large documents will be saved multiple times a day. Online monitoring should be a feature which is not missing, we are talking about a Home Server not only to stream music and photos Smile

If you think this is important and will improve MSHS please vote. Link to vote 

Monday, April 9, 2007 9:33 AM