Symantec classifying my app as a virus RRS feed

• Question

•  Hello, my app is just a simple uploader - open button select excel file then save the contents of excel to to ms access database. But one user's Symantec is blocking it and saying it's a virus. It only happens to one specific user. Any ideas?

Thursday, October 29, 2020 7:44 AM

All replies

• Symantec quarantines/blocks files but has options to permit the user to mark executables as safe, had to do this myself so I know it works.

If your app was more than a simple app then I would recommend having your application signed with a Verisign certificate (which are not cheap) which would indicate to virus software the app is safe.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

• Proposed as answer by KHURRAM RAHIM Saturday, January 2, 2021 12:17 PM
    Thursday, October 29, 2020 11:12 AM
  • You could just configure  thr AV on the computer to allow the p rogram to execute.

Thursday, October 29, 2020 1:01 PM
  • Hi Ash.22,

Since Symantec is a third-party product for which we don't provide help, you can contact with Symantec about this problem.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 2, 2020 7:49 AM