none
Images won't load in browser RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm new to visual studio and I've noticed that if I create an image by copy and pasting a URL from Google Images then I don't have a problem with the images showing up on my web application when I run my program, but if I convert a Microsoft Paint file to a .gif image then it won't show up.  Does anyone know why?
    Thursday, May 25, 2017 6:07 PM

All replies

• Hi mrao1,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

The image cannot be loading in the browser, often caused by the image location define in the application is not correct, please have a look at the location that you configure and make sure it is existing and right.

Not sure how did you configure your image, you can create a folder names ‘Image’ under your project, then add or drag the *.gif to this Image folder, after that, drag the *.gif into the code editor page that you want to need this image.

I tried to create a new Asp.net web application-MVC project, add a html page, add the *.gif into the html page and view in browser, and it works fine as below:

If your image location is right and the above method also not works, please redirect to this appropriate forum: https://forums.asp.net/ and start a new thread to seek for a more professional support, since our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 26, 2017 6:32 AM