E-mail RRS feed

• Question

•  

Is Microsoft going to release a e-mail exchange program to run under WHS?

Or can you use Microsoft Exchange on it?

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 11:30 AM

Answers

• Microsoft has said that they didn't include a mail server because the vast majority of their target audience are happy with their current solution, usually hosted by their ISP or a third party like gMail or Hotmail.

That said, you should go to Connect and vote for one or more of the suggestions you find there or (if none of them fit your vision) make a suggestion yourself.
    Wednesday, September 12, 2007 11:34 AM
  • Exchange won't be offered, I'm pretty certain. For one thing, Exchange 2007 is x64 only, and WHS is still x86. As for third party solutions, look around the forums. There have been several reports of success with various mail servers.
    Wednesday, September 12, 2007 12:06 PM

All replies

• Microsoft has said that they didn't include a mail server because the vast majority of their target audience are happy with their current solution, usually hosted by their ISP or a third party like gMail or Hotmail.

That said, you should go to Connect and vote for one or more of the suggestions you find there or (if none of them fit your vision) make a suggestion yourself.
    Wednesday, September 12, 2007 11:34 AM
  • Thanks but do you know where i might be able to get one

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 11:46 AM
  • Exchange won't be offered, I'm pretty certain. For one thing, Exchange 2007 is x64 only, and WHS is still x86. As for third party solutions, look around the forums. There have been several reports of success with various mail servers.
    Wednesday, September 12, 2007 12:06 PM