Can't create a relationship between Cases And Leads RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!!

I need to create Cases for Leads. I tried to created a relationship, but It didn't happen. Only is enable with Account and Contacts.

Thursday, September 4, 2008 9:35 PM

All replies

• You can create a relationship between the case and the lead entity:

In Microsoft crm 4.0, go to settings/customization/customize entities.  Double click on the case entity. go to N:1 relationship, click the new N:1 relationship button.  Select Lead for the primary entity, give the lookup a name like Lead.

save and close

Then edit the form and add your new lead lookup to the form.

then publish.

The problem that you are going to run into is that you have to populate the customer lookup, and this has to be a contact or an account.  No way around that.

I would also say that best practice is that if you are creating cases against a lead, you will want to convert them to an account or contact.  Just give the account and/or contact a relationship type of lead or suspect if you want to be able to separate them from your customers.

The reasons that you want to do this is because if you create cases or notes against a lead, these items would be lost should you convert them to an account--that is why you do not want to leave accounts and contacts in the lead entity for very long--convert them.

Friday, September 5, 2008 2:30 AM