locked
Entity import failure: "Invalid name prefix" RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I have a problem at importing an entity on a new crm 4.0 installation. This entity was upgraded from a 3.0 Rollup 2 Setup to CRM 4.0.
    I exported it from the upgraded system and tried to import it on another crm 4.0 server (the new single-machine vpc from ms). Sadly, it doesn´t work.

    The error is "Failure: SalesOrder_New_foobar: Invalid name prefix". There are other relationships with the same kind of name, where this error does not occur.

    Do you have any hints?

    Thanks in advance.

    Christoph
    Monday, February 18, 2008 11:10 AM

Answers

  • Dear Christoph,

     

    Use CRM Diagnostic tool, I was trying same, but if you see your customization salesorder and remove new,

     

    1. you have to open the entity and then remove the prefix..

     

    We are working on CRM Diagnostic tool to check whats wrong, you can see SQL Analyzer to check whats wrong for xml.

     

    Regards,

    Imran

     

    http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

     

    Monday, February 18, 2008 3:07 PM
    Moderator

All replies

  • Dear Christoph,

     

    Use CRM Diagnostic tool, I was trying same, but if you see your customization salesorder and remove new,

     

    1. you have to open the entity and then remove the prefix..

     

    We are working on CRM Diagnostic tool to check whats wrong, you can see SQL Analyzer to check whats wrong for xml.

     

    Regards,

    Imran

     

    http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

     

    Monday, February 18, 2008 3:07 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi Imran,

    I edited the customization.xml. I renamed the EntityRelationShip attribute 'name' to some other string (like foo).
    The error still appears.

    What do you mean with the CRM Diag tool?
    Monday, February 18, 2008 4:02 PM
  • Hi cekller

     

    Try changing the relationship name to "New_SalesOrder_New_foobar" in the XML file and it should work.  I encountered the same problem, after I upgraded from 3.0 to 4.0, I exported customizations from one image and imported them to another.  I got the error message "Failure: Opportunity_Nt_OpportunityProducts: Invalid name prefix" when I changed the string to "Nt_Opportunity_Nt_OpportunityProducts" (the relationship identifier was the culprit and there was only one) and it worked.  You should also make sure the customization prefix matches in the system settings area.  Note this prefix is for the relaitonship, not the entity name, if opportunity was custom: Nt_Opportunity, the string would be  "Nt_Nt_Opportunity_Nt_OpportunityProducts."

     

    Cheers,
    Callum

    Monday, March 17, 2008 4:42 PM
  • For information: now there is a hotfix for this problem http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951909 which is integrated in all rollups since rollup 3
    Saturday, September 12, 2009 2:49 PM