CRM 4 Client Deployment - Roaming Profiles/Citrix RRS feed

• Question

•  

Greetings:

Our CRM Administrator has installed and configured the server components of CRM and handed me the client to install in our Citrix environment.  I did the install on one test server and everything worked fine.  I installed it on another server and I found some problems that I'm having some difficulty finding information on.

After the user sets up CRM on one server, then logs into another server with CRM, an error appears:

"You already have Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook installed on another computer.  Only one client computer per user can run the automated process that does bulk updates of outlook items with Microsoft Dynamics CRM Data.  This client should be the computer that is most often online (such as a desktop computer) or the users primary computer.  To change the Synchronizing client, on the CRM Menu, click options, and click the synchronizing tab."

I have found that setting HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMCLIENT\RunOutlookScheduledSync to 0 will stop the error from appearing.  Is this going to break something for my users?  It seems like disabling the syncronization would defeat the purpose. 

I have also found that if I go into the CRM options and check the 'Set this client as the Synchronizing Client' everything seems to work fine.  I could hunt down the values for this check box, but it seems like as much as CRM4 is being pushed as Citrix Ready, there would be a much better way to do this.

Any pointers?  I've revied the implementation guide, and I don't see anything specific to Citrix, Terminal Services, or Roaming Profiles.  If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 3:09 PM

All replies

•  

Hi Joe

The CRM client can only Synchronise with one outlook profile/one user account at any one time. This is to maintain data integrity.

If the same user has multiple machines that they use CRM on they should either:

1. choose the machine that they use the most and have that as the main synchronising machine and then just use their other machines to view CRM information.

2. Set up your CRM so that the users can access it via the web, that would mean that you only need to install the outlook client on the one machine and then the users can access CRM from any internet enabled machine

Thanks

Allan

http://allanvirtualitbiz.blogspot.com/

Monday, January 5, 2009 2:00 PM