Email notification WF Error crm 2011 on Premise RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a work flow to intimate HOD about a new lead entered in CRM. After entering a lead, in back end work flow is firing a email to concern person. When I check system Job ,showing succeeded but when i check activity status still in open status.

Please suggest what would be wrong i did? 

Quick response will be appreciated

Thanks

Friday, June 22, 2012 5:00 AM

All replies

• Does your workflow step simply create an email or does it "send email" explicitly?

Also note that the user who owns and publishes the workflow is the one it will be sent from, so you need to ensure this person is either using the Outlook client and is usually logged in, or is using the email router for outbound mail.

Personally I probably would not use an email notification for this. Maybe build a view of Leads created in last 7 days, sorted by create date so newest is always at the top. Include this view on their dashboard. Use your workflow to create an Activity Feed post about the new Lead, and maybe set up an automatic follow for the person who needs to see and follow the new Lead.

Hope this helps. Adam Vero, MCT

Friday, June 22, 2012 9:13 AM
  • Hi Adam,

Thanks for the information.

My organization use Lotus Note as a email client and Linkpoint 360 connector to sync activity of Lotus notes and CRM 2011. I have configured email router for outbound mail.

The created workflow does send email. BTW Whenever I create an Email activity and send to customer it works fine but in case of WF doesn't.

Thanks

Saturday, June 23, 2012 5:36 AM
  • Does every user have their outbound mail setting set to use the email router, including whatever admin account is being used to run the workflow?

Hope this helps. Adam Vero, MCT

Sunday, June 24, 2012 6:22 AM