Activation error 0x80004005 RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded sp2 for XP and It downloaded ok. Now I can't log in to my PC because of an activation error (Windows cannot correctly check the lisence for this computer error 0x80004005 I dont mind about the Xp I just need some help to get my files out of my PC And if possible to keep XP because I never had problems with it.

Please Help

Saturday, January 12, 2008 6:18 PM

Answers

• Hello igor234,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) forum.  Your issue is related to Product Activation.  The purpose of this forum is the support of the WGA program and your question falls out of the scope for our support. In an attempt to assist I would like to provide some information which may help.

Please reference the following Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/914232/en-us "You may receive error code 0x80004005 or other error codes when you try to start a Windows XP-based computer."

Warning: as with any such major procedure it is highly recommended you backup all critical/personal data on your computer that you would not want to lose and ensure you have the software to re-install your applications should something happen.

Thank you,

Matt Prall, MS
    OGA Forum Mnaager

Monday, January 14, 2008 6:50 PM