none
How do I answer a question? RRS feed

• Question

• I got onto a forum called http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vseditor/thread/a6d500a2-d4ea-43e2-8460-9283ea5c1d89

I have a solution and want to give it to the community. I logged in with my user name and password but I don't see any button that allows me to offer an answer. How do I do that?

Friday, October 19, 2012 12:38 PM

Answers

• I've checked that thread and unfortunately it's in the Locked forum and the thread itself is locked, so you can not share your solution. The only thing you can probably do is to post a discussion type thread in the forum which is related to the original one, give a reference to that thread and provide your solution if you'd like to share it.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Friday, October 19, 2012 7:15 PM

All replies

• You yourself can not mark someone's post as answer EXCEPT you're the one who opened the thread (and also moderators of course).

What you can do, Propose Someone's answer or Vote it as helpful.

If you mean "Reply" by answer. Just look at the bottom of each post, there it should say "Reply". If you can't reply anymore, the thread has been closed.

The following is my signature:

Powershell Programmer & Advanced Lua Programmer

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Alternate TextVote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the mainquestion of the thread, click "Alternate TextMark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

Please contact me, before reporting me, thank you.

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Friday, October 19, 2012 12:43 PM
  • Each thread has a reply button on the very left at the bottom unless this thread is locked (has a lock symbol). 

My blog

Friday, October 19, 2012 12:44 PM
  • Yes, I mean "reply". There is no "reply" button as there is on this forum and there is no "lock symbol". I can see that the last answer was Aug 2012 so I would guess it would still be open. Do you  see a "Reply" button there?

I would love to give a reply because I have a nice solution to the problem discussed.

Eddy

Friday, October 19, 2012 12:57 PM
  • Because that thread are LOCKED, check the locked image at the begin.

If you get your question answered, please come back and Alternate TextMark As Answer.
    Web Developer

• Edited by Norkk Friday, October 19, 2012 1:19 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Norkk Friday, October 19, 2012 1:21 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Norkk Friday, October 19, 2012 1:24 PM
    Friday, October 19, 2012 1:18 PM
  • Can you please give the link to the thread and briefly provide your answer also in case the forum is locked?

My blog

Friday, October 19, 2012 2:49 PM
  • I've checked that thread and unfortunately it's in the Locked forum and the thread itself is locked, so you can not share your solution. The only thing you can probably do is to post a discussion type thread in the forum which is related to the original one, give a reference to that thread and provide your solution if you'd like to share it.

My blog

Friday, October 19, 2012 7:15 PM
  • Good idea ... thanks.

Eddy

Friday, October 19, 2012 11:45 PM