Using parallel Wait branches RRS feed

• Question

• If I wanted to create a workflow for tasks to email whomever the task was assigned to 5 days after the task was created IF the task isn't marked complete, would I create a "Wait until Task:Activity Status equals [Completed]", and then a parallel wait branch of "Otherwise, wait until Task:Created On equals [5 Days Before Process-Execution Time]"?
    Tuesday, September 2, 2014 6:15 PM

Answers

• Yup, that's it.  Then since that is technically a branch, then you will have to update the behaviors of each branch.

Be careful with workflows on Assign with timeframes.  If the Task gets reassigned, the wait condition will be 5 days after the last reassignment, which could make it wait a lot longer than expected.  e.g. I someone waits 4 days, then reassigns the task, and it lies idle, you could potentially have a 9 day wait for the workflow to actually trigger on "5 days after assigned modified on".

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Marked as answer by nasyrax Wednesday, September 17, 2014 5:59 PM
    Tuesday, September 2, 2014 8:34 PM

All replies

• Yup, that's it.  Then since that is technically a branch, then you will have to update the behaviors of each branch.

Be careful with workflows on Assign with timeframes.  If the Task gets reassigned, the wait condition will be 5 days after the last reassignment, which could make it wait a lot longer than expected.  e.g. I someone waits 4 days, then reassigns the task, and it lies idle, you could potentially have a 9 day wait for the workflow to actually trigger on "5 days after assigned modified on".

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Marked as answer by nasyrax Wednesday, September 17, 2014 5:59 PM
    Tuesday, September 2, 2014 8:34 PM
  • When you say behaviors, what exactly are you referring to?
    Tuesday, September 2, 2014 8:53 PM
  • Actions to take.  Sending emails, updating records, stopping the workflow.  Essentially anything that "does" something after making a decision after a wait or check condition.

Tuesday, September 2, 2014 9:02 PM
  • Gotcha, thanks!
    Wednesday, September 3, 2014 12:38 PM