Unknown error (0x80072eff) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have tried to reload my WHS software and mostly it seems to be OK...BUT when i try to configure the Domain name i input  my Microsoft Live userid and password (which work ok on other activities like this forum) and after a while i get the subject error

I have searched the web for info on the error and followed a number of them thru with no success.

Another thing that is strange is that whenever i try to access the Microsoft support web site using IE on the Server it always times out ( ie page not available) however if i try the web address on other computers in my network it works fine. Also if i try to access another non Microsoft web site with IE it is OK??

Any Ideas Please?

Thx

John

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 3:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• How long ago did you register the domain, and do you use the Live ID for anything else?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 4:58 PM
  • Ken,

The origianl Domain was registered over a 2 years ago, and I do use the live ID for other things (not a lot) but one of them is to sign into this forum.

In an attempt to overcome this current issue I have relaoded the WHS software to create a different server name and that behaves exactly the same???

Thx

John

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 6:09 PM
  • Your symptoms sound like my experience.  Try rebooting your router.  See:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/whssoftware/thread/8e973c57-c129-453b-bc08-72fe0f5282b7

Don
    • Marked as answer by ejwejw Saturday, November 27, 2010 9:49 AM
    Thursday, November 25, 2010 1:10 AM
  • Don,

Thanks, Yes I did reboot the router and yes it did seem to sure it, so thanks, but unfortunatelye i had also reconfigured the router to remove the port forwarding fro WHS, so it appears to be OK now but not sure why ....but hey porgress

Thanks

John

Saturday, November 27, 2010 9:48 AM