Correcting mismatched downloaded item. RRS feed

• Question

• How do I fix an incorrectly assigned downloaded check when the correct check does not appear in the list of possible matches because it has aged out of that list?  My workaround is to mark the correct check as cleared, then accept the downloaded item as Unmatched and then Void it (to prevent it from downloading again).  After 60 days has past, I will delete the voided item.  But I would hope there is a more elegant way to do this that I missed.  Is there?
    Thursday, February 19, 2015 6:42 PM

Answers

• Your method is plenty elegant.

The other method would be to modify the downloaded transaction with the category, memo, payee, and  to void or immediately delete the original transaction that you had entered. The only difference that I see is that the C column entry transaction would show E if you did not mark the transaction as cleared.

I had not been aware of that matching choices got aged out.

Thursday, February 19, 2015 9:51 PM

All replies

• Your method is plenty elegant.

The other method would be to modify the downloaded transaction with the category, memo, payee, and  to void or immediately delete the original transaction that you had entered. The only difference that I see is that the C column entry transaction would show E if you did not mark the transaction as cleared.

I had not been aware of that matching choices got aged out.

Thursday, February 19, 2015 9:51 PM
  • Thanks Cal.  I actually like your method better. 

«I had not been aware of that matching choices got aged out.»   Next time you have to match a transaction, try scrolling up in the transaction list.  The available transactions stop at about 60 days.  Admittedly, most transactions beyond that point will already be reconciled so wouldn't show up anyway, but to counter that add a temporary fake transaction more than 60 days ago for testing.

Sunday, February 22, 2015 5:04 PM