CRM has failed to Load RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, we are running Dynamics CRM 2011 on two Citrix Terminal Services boxes with Server 2003 x64. We have an ongoing issue where when people open any CRM view in Outlook 2010, they receive an error "CRM Has Failed to Load".

The problem happens randomly and I can't seem to find a pattern. The fix so far has been to load up their NTUSER.DAT file and delete the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient key then re-add the key. I've already had to do this for about 10 of our users, some of them twice.

This only happens on Citrix. If a user has Outlook 2010 installed locally, they have no problem. Any ideas?

Monday, June 25, 2012 9:22 PM

All replies

• not very exact about this issue but you can refer this similar thread

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/crmdeployment/thread/edf023df-def8-47ce-845b-d0c398395311

hope it helps

Ahmed - CRM Application Management

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 5:36 PM
  • Hi Snipazer,

Can you please elaborate on the part "load up their NTUSER.DAT" file?

Where did you upload that file? Where sit he location of the file? and when you say delete HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient key  and re-add did you mean just running teh CRM config wizrd or manually restoring the reg hive again froma backup? Thnx.

Friday, July 6, 2012 7:12 PM
  • Snipazer,
    Please go through the link shared by Ahmed, I guess that will help you.

The NTUSER.DAT file is a registry file. Each user's NTUSER.DAT file contains the registry settings for their individual account. The Windows registry, as described by Microsoft, is a "central hierarchical database" that contains information about the software, hardware and user profiles contained on a computer. Windows is constantly referencing its registry files throughout the course of its operation. The configuration of the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" branch of the registry is supported by the current user's NTUSER.DAT file.
    I dont think you have to do so if user is local administrator in his machine.

I guess in crm outlook add-in is getting disabled every time user logs in into is system.
    Regarding deletion of registry key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient, please go through link : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950175

BR, Rishabh Mishra

Monday, July 9, 2012 6:54 PM