Pull data from one entity to another RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

In our products entity I want to create a field that when we create a quote and add a quote product the value that was in the product field I created automatically populates in the quote product field.

Ideally I'd like to create an option set in the product entity so the user can only choose from X options then in the quote product field when they choose a product it populates a field in the quote product with the option that was chosen when the product was created.

Example

In the product entity I created a field called type and made it a option set. It has 3 options, hardware,software and service, so when a new product is created the user must pick one of the 3.

When a quote is being created and a quote product is added, I'd like the type field in quote product to show what was selected when the product was created (and not able to be changed).

I'd REALLY like to be able to do this without using javascript or other programming if possible since I'm not able to do that yet. Can this be done via relationships and if so can someone help me out with what needs to be done? I've been playing with it for hours and haven't had any success.

Thanks

Tuesday, July 1, 2014 8:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Relationship mapping is not available for Quote Product - Product relationship, so that is ruled out. Updating the Quote Product with the option set value from Product using a Workflow is also not possible; so that's ruled out as well. I am afraid, JavaScript/Plugin is the only thing that might be able to do the job. This is as per my knowledge, not sure if there are any other ways to get the job done.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 4:14 AM
  • How does quote product pull the product price in? Couldn't I use the same method?

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:33 PM
  • Unfortunately that is all system level functionality and adding/modifying the behavior isn't exposed in any way.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:41 PM
  • Hi,

Dynamics CRM does that internally. Unfortunately, the relationship mapping is not available for end users to create their own custom mappings.

Admin QuikView Solution for CRM 2013

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 12:54 PM
  • Well that sucks (for me). Thanks for the clarification.

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 1:14 PM