Question About Backups RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

Does Windows Home Server have the ability for incremental backups? I currently use Windows 7 backup and get tired of "out of disk space" errors and having to delete and re-create backup sets.

Thanks,
    Brian
    Monday, March 1, 2010 3:18 PM

Answers

• Hi!

Does Windows Home Server have the ability for incremental backups? I currently use Windows 7 backup and get tired of "out of disk space" errors and having to delete and re-create backup sets.

Thanks,
    Brian
    WHS does a "complete" backup every night, but it's similar to Single Instance Storage (meaning if you already backed up a file previously, it doesn't back up the same file again - unless it's changed - thereby not using excessive space).
    Monday, March 1, 2010 5:16 PM

All replies

• Hi!

Thanks,
    Brian
    WHS does a "complete" backup every night, but it's similar to Single Instance Storage (meaning if you already backed up a file previously, it doesn't back up the same file again - unless it's changed - thereby not using excessive space).
    Monday, March 1, 2010 5:16 PM
  • That's great to know...I may look into WHS here when I get some extra "play money."
    Monday, March 1, 2010 9:21 PM