SO CLOSE... RRS feed

• Question

• In my application, it makes sense to have certain business rules reside on the client as this can reduce server traffic that would normally be rejected for violating business logic.  Click-once deployment would take care of updating the logic modules on the very rare occasions they would change. 

Also, I figured if I could use a strongly-typed relational dataset schema, I could also prevent clients from violating known FK constraints before even sending rowchange information to the host.

I would have loved to use the power of DLINQ to implement said logic with the new query features in C#.  Unfortunately the SQLCe data provider won't play nice with DLINQ even though I used the original SQL Server db to generate the entities, when I try to switch the connection settings to point to the local compact instance, I cannot get connectivity.

Is there any hope of using LINQ + SYNC or do I need to generate my own data layer to integrate with SSCE via the Entity Framework?  If that's the case I may have to abandon this great tool for a replication model which is completely overkill for what I need.

Thanks for working on a great product.  I almost popped a bottle of champagne after I found your jem.  I thought I finally had all the major components in place for my app to take over the world, but now I'm not so sure.

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 10:43 PM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Friday, April 6, 2007 4:29 AM

Answers

• DLINQ over SQL CE is coming out in Orcas Beta2 (not full but good enough).  We are marching towards making DLINQ over SQL CE full RUNTIME support by Orcas RTM (Tools and Designers are not planned).

Thanks,

Laxmi

Friday, June 1, 2007 5:12 PM

All replies