OneCare Firewall, is blocking all content. RRS feed

• Question

• For some strange reason One Care Firewall is blocking is blocking RDP, access to my network printer, and msn.  I try to add these programs manually but a little balloon keeps popping up when i try to access these systems saying that only administrator has rights.

I am the only user on this computer, and the administrator.

I checked my UAC, it's confirmed that its on.

Also blocking internet explorer even though its in the exception list.  Also I don't see any programs listed that that it blocked previously.

cheers

Burton

Sunday, September 21, 2008 8:33 PM

Answers

• Bull_Auger,

I believe the best aim for support is to contact OneCare support. Do to the nature of your issue surrounding Administrator Rights when you are the Administrator.  If you have a paid subscription, you should be able to get telephone help.

http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2

You can also click the link above to start the support flow directly if OneCare cannot start or if you are at a PC where OneCare is not installed.

If you click on "get more help" in the lower right and then "Get support", you will be brought to a page where you will be able to select Billing Support or Technical Support and be walked through a wizard that requires you to log in with your LiveID and will attempt to validate your subscription if you select that the problem is on "this computer."

This allows the system to provide you with access to email, chat or phone support information , depending on your subscription status. If you are a trial user, you will only have access to email support and should select that option during the flow.

-----------------------------------------

** Note that if the flow cannot validate your subscription status - legitimately or otherwise, then select the option that you are a "trial or beta" user and proceed to the email support form. Provide as much information as possible, including the fact that you are a paid subscriber and wish to proceed with support via phone or chat.

I hope this information helps.

Rick, MS

Monday, September 22, 2008 2:52 AM