Lord Have Mercy HELP! RRS feed

• Question

•  

Im sure this has been gone over repeatedly BUT Ive lost all patience now and Im tired of looking. I paid for my subscription on 9-28-07, for a FULL YEAR! I dont see how I have to pay to renew my subscription JUST because I was trying to backup my files and was eventually told to uninstall Windows Live One Care and reinstall it. Now everything is all screwed up. Im at such a loss here that I think I may go crazy. WHAT ON EARTH IS GOING ON??? I absolutely L-O-V-E Windows Live One Care for protecting my computer- I have never had a problem and my computer runs great UNTIL I started backing up my files. Someone, somewhere HAS to have answers or can talk with me so I/We can get this figured out. AHHHHHHH *inhales----exhales*
    Monday, January 28, 2008 6:28 PM

Answers

• If you have reinstalled and activated OneCare with the original subscription LiveID, it should not expire until 9/28/08.

Check the PC date and time.

Sign in at http://billing.microsoft.com and view the status of your subscription.

If the subscription shows correctly on the Billing site and OneCare, which is activated on your PC, shows an incorrect status and your PC date and time are correct, please contact OneCare support.

If you reinstalled and did not activate, then you are still in trial mode and need to activate, not renew.

If you have an active subscription, which is what was created when you activated on the first computer, you need to use the same LiveID on the subsequent activations. You can't use the same key twice. If you are arriving at a screen to purchase or provide a token, you are likely not using the same LiveID as the subscription ID.

If you don't recall the LiveID you used for your subscription, you will need to contact support who can provide that information to you using your Key and/or contact information.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Alternatively, sign in at http://billing.microsoft.com with email addresses that you have set up as LiveIDs and one will show your subscription listed - that would the LiveID to use to activate the reinstall.

I guess I'm particularly concerned because of your statement that you were told to reinstall OneCare due to a backup problem. Who told you that and what was the backup problem?

-steve

Monday, January 28, 2008 7:32 PM

All replies

• If you have reinstalled and activated OneCare with the original subscription LiveID, it should not expire until 9/28/08.

Check the PC date and time.

Sign in at http://billing.microsoft.com and view the status of your subscription.

If the subscription shows correctly on the Billing site and OneCare, which is activated on your PC, shows an incorrect status and your PC date and time are correct, please contact OneCare support.

If you reinstalled and did not activate, then you are still in trial mode and need to activate, not renew.

If you have an active subscription, which is what was created when you activated on the first computer, you need to use the same LiveID on the subsequent activations. You can't use the same key twice. If you are arriving at a screen to purchase or provide a token, you are likely not using the same LiveID as the subscription ID.

If you don't recall the LiveID you used for your subscription, you will need to contact support who can provide that information to you using your Key and/or contact information.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Alternatively, sign in at http://billing.microsoft.com with email addresses that you have set up as LiveIDs and one will show your subscription listed - that would the LiveID to use to activate the reinstall.

I guess I'm particularly concerned because of your statement that you were told to reinstall OneCare due to a backup problem. Who told you that and what was the backup problem?

-steve

Monday, January 28, 2008 7:32 PM
  • I just wanted to say... The Lord had mercy on me and sent help! Stephen Boots is AWESOME! I went by  the step by step instructions he gave me and all is well! When I told him how computer illiterate I am, he had the utmost patience with me and sent me in exactly the right direction I needed to go to resolve my problem. My computer works better now than ever before! THANKS STEVE!

Friday, February 1, 2008 6:09 AM
  • Now you're making me blush. :-)

Glad that I could help, LoriAnn.

-steve

Friday, February 1, 2008 1:51 PM
  • Hi there! Remember me? ....how could you forget... hahahaha Just a line or two to say hi and see how you are. Ive been TOO sick for the past month. Today is my first official day off bedrest. But I think Im going to go crawl back in cover my head and stay there... my house is a total wreck. I started getting my kitchen cleaned up though. I really shouldnt complain, my 16 year old is such a big help with the younger ones. Shes been my life saver. Do me a favor and email me at imacountrygirl19732004_at_yahoo.com. I dont use hotmail, and forget I have it. This way you and your wife can enjoy some of the jokes I get from my friends, family and husband. Take care and God Bless.

Saturday, March 15, 2008 7:02 AM
  • Sorry to read that you've been ill. I do hope that you get better soon. Thanks for the offer of passing on jokes, but I'll pass on that offer as I already get entirely too much mail to keep up with at times! I've also edited your email address here to prevent your address from being harvested by spammers. It's not a good idea to post a real address on a web site. I use a special address here in the forums and it gets hit with a few hundred spam messages daily...

-steve

Monday, March 17, 2008 12:16 PM