Copying files from one shared folder to another, now lost in limbo. Empty Folders... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody! Thanks for looking!

I have an acer easystore with 4 drives installed, and I was trying to copy a large number of large files from one share to another, most of them just vanished.. I can still see them in the c:\fs\ directories. But can not access them through the shared folders, the sub folders all just appear empty to the client machines.   Is there any way to rebuild the shares? Any help would be greatly apreciated!

Wednesday, November 3, 2010 9:14 PM

All replies

• Ken??   Anyone??
    Monday, November 8, 2010 12:11 PM
  • Sorry, I was travelling when you posted originally. :)

I have no idea what happened, to be honest. As for a solution, I would attach an external drive, log in to your server via remote desktop, and copy the files from C:\FS\etc. to the external drive. Then I would copy them (still on the server) to \\localhost\<sharename>. If you're not certain what you're actually missing, copy everything from C:\FS.etc. and then back to the shares.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, November 8, 2010 1:29 PM
  • Thanks, this only seems to have affected one share so far.  When I started delving deeper tho, I realized that in that share, some of the files are visible in C:\fs\N\..   and then all of the rest appear to have been residing in D:\DE\shares... which is where the empty subfolders still exist.   But no files whatsoever.   SMART says the primary HD is OK, but how can I be sure?  I apoligize for my earlier confusion!  Thanks again!
    Monday, November 8, 2010 10:46 PM