Unable to cast object of type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.CommandBars.CommandBarPopup' RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

When I run the set Up  on Other Machine. than I got an error :

Unable to cast object of type '_Marshaler' to type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.CommandBars.CommandBarPopup'.

This Code is working Fine on my Machine.

CommandBarPopup commandBarControl = menuCommandBar.Controls.OfType<CommandBarPopup>().FirstOrDefault(cb => cb.accName == xmlnode.Attributes["ClassName"].Value);

Pls Help me.

Friday, June 8, 2012 8:18 AM

Answers

• Hi neha0123,

Could you please tell me the way you deploy the Visual Studio Add-in? 

According to your description, most likely Microsoft.VisualStudio.CommandBars.dll is missing in the target machine. Does the target machine installed the Visual Studio? Can you find the dll in the target machine?

You can try to remove the dll and add it back or repair the Visual Studio.

Best Regards,

Bob Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 2:47 AM

All replies

• Hello neha0123,

Thanks for your post. However, I am sorry that here is not the correct forum for you to deal with your issue. Please kindly offer me information and I will help you to move your case to the correct forum: What kind of project you are working with? One set up project or a VS add-in?

Thanks.

Vicky Song [MSFT]

Monday, June 11, 2012 8:34 AM
  • Hi neha0123,

Could you please tell me the way you deploy the Visual Studio Add-in? 

According to your description, most likely Microsoft.VisualStudio.CommandBars.dll is missing in the target machine. Does the target machine installed the Visual Studio? Can you find the dll in the target machine?

You can try to remove the dll and add it back or repair the Visual Studio.

Best Regards,

Bob Wu [MSFT]

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 2:47 AM