Trouble Creating a Sub-Grid RRS feed

• Question

• Help please.

After creating a Sub-Grid, it never appeared on my form. When I try to re-create it, I get a message that says there is already a sub-grid by that name. How do I get the sub-grid on my form, or delete it to start over. I have looked on the form very carefully to make sure it isn't there.

Steps I took.

Clicked on the Insert tab and chose Sub-Grid.

Filled in information on the Display and Formatting tab.

Clicked Okay.

I was then returned to the form, but no sub-grid in sight.

Thanks.

Grlynn

Friday, November 15, 2013 2:15 AM

Answers

• Update:

After clearing out Internet Explorer cache and Windows temporary files, then restarting my computer and router. I was able to log in to the Dynamics CRM and recreate the sub-grid on the form. It is now showing properly. Not sure what went wrong, if anyone has any ideas why this happened or how to avoid this in the future I would be very interested to hear from you.

Grlynn

Sub-Grid Success!

• Marked as answer by Grlynn Friday, November 15, 2013 1:23 PM
    Friday, November 15, 2013 1:23 PM

All replies

• The sub-grid doesn't appear like a grid on the form customization.. it appears as a block (white space of 4 rows by default) Double click on the block and you'll be able to see the sub-grid properties.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Friday, November 15, 2013 2:30 AM
  • Mamatha,

Thanks for taking time to reply.

I have added "sub-grids" to forms so I am aware of how they look.

There is no block on my form for the sub-grid.

I had trouble loading the Customization page this morning. Had to restart my computer and router several times. I also cleared out Internet Cache and temporary files and was able to load the customization page.

When I look at the form the "sub-grid" was still not showing. Here are two screen shots showing the top of the form and the bottom of the form. Am I missing something?

Thanks again for the help.

Grlynn

Top of FormBottom of Form
    • Edited by Grlynn Friday, November 15, 2013 12:47 PM Corrected description.
    Friday, November 15, 2013 12:11 PM
  • Update:

After clearing out Internet Explorer cache and Windows temporary files, then restarting my computer and router. I was able to log in to the Dynamics CRM and recreate the sub-grid on the form. It is now showing properly. Not sure what went wrong, if anyone has any ideas why this happened or how to avoid this in the future I would be very interested to hear from you.

Grlynn

Sub-Grid Success!

• Marked as answer by Grlynn Friday, November 15, 2013 1:23 PM
    Friday, November 15, 2013 1:23 PM