locked
Exchange Autodiscover XML showing wrong ASUrl, EwsUrl, OOFUrl, UMUrl, OABUrl RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello,

    We have a HMC 4.5 setup including Exchange 2007. Our autodiscover publishing through ISA Server 2006 works fine, but the returned XML data mentioned an incorrect set of url's for ASUrl, EwsUrl, OOFUrl, UMUrl, OABUrl.
    internal AD-domain = domain.local
    main email domain = ourmaindomain.com
    client email domains = clientdomain1.com, clientdomain2.com, ...

    When we go to https://autodiscover.Ourmaindomain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml the XML-file (see below) does not contain
    <ASUrl>https://webmail.ourmaindomain.com/ews/Exchange.asmx</ASUrl>
    but
    <ASUrl>https://webmail.CLIENTDOMAIN1.COM/ews/Exchange.asmx</ASUrl>

    We set the default accepted domain to domain.local, all settings in the exchange manager mention ourmaindomain.local (no references to clientdomain1.com)
    f.e. server configuration - client access - CASHUBserver1 - owa (default website) - properties => tab "general" => internal url = https://webmail.ourmaindomain.com/owa, externalurl = https://webmail.ourmaindomain.com/owa

    Clientdomain1.com however is alphabetically the first domain in the list of accepteddomains so it seems the first one is taken by default to fill up the autoconfigure.xml
    Does anyone have an idea what goes wrong? Can we change anything at Exchange-level or could this be a problem (f.e. caching) at ISA?

    Thanks,
    Geert

    --------------------------------------------------------------------

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <Autodiscover xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/responseschema/2006">
      <Response xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/autodiscover/outlook/responseschema/2006a">
        <User>
          <DisplayName>Geert Baeten</DisplayName>
          <LegacyDN>/o=Ourmaindomain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=Ourmaindomain.com.geert.baeten_ourmain1057199</LegacyDN>
          <DeploymentId>5fb2418a-da2d-4fbb-89a7-3b6f320a6940</DeploymentId>
        </User>
        <Account>
          <AccountType>email</AccountType>
          <Action>settings</Action>
          <Protocol>
            <Type>EXCH</Type>
            <Server>ExchMbxCluster.domain.local</Server>
            <ServerDN>/o=Ourmaindomain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=ExchMbxCluster</ServerDN>
            <ServerVersion>720180F0</ServerVersion>
            <MdbDN>/o=Ourmaindomain/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=ExchMbxCluster/cn=Microsoft Private MDB</MdbDN>
            <PublicFolderServer>ExchMbx3.domain.local</PublicFolderServer>
            <AD>OurDC1.domain.local</AD>
            <ASUrl>https://webmail.CLIENTDOMAIN1.COM/ews/Exchange.asmx</ASUrl>
            <EwsUrl>https://webmail.CLIENTDOMAIN1.COM/ews/Exchange.asmx</EwsUrl>
            <OOFUrl>https://webmail.CLIENTDOMAIN1.COM/ews/Exchange.asmx</OOFUrl>
            <UMUrl>https://webmail.CLIENTDOMAIN1.COM/ews/Exchange.asmx</UMUrl>
            <OABUrl>https://webmail.CLIENTDOMAIN1.COM/OAB/c36f7965-9b2d-4e58-9b5a-2c445a5f69b9/</OABUrl>
          </Protocol>
          <Protocol>
            <Type>EXPR</Type>
            <Server>webmail.Ourmaindomain.com</Server>
            <SSL>On</SSL>
            <AuthPackage>Basic</AuthPackage>
            <ASUrl>https://webmail.CLIENTDOMAIN1.COM/ews/Exchange.asmx</ASUrl>
            <EwsUrl>https://webmail.CLIENTDOMAIN1.COM/ews/Exchange.asmx</EwsUrl>
            <OOFUrl>https://webmail.CLIENTDOMAIN1.COM/ews/Exchange.asmx</OOFUrl>
            <UMUrl>https://webmail.CLIENTDOMAIN1.COM/ews/Exchange.asmx</UMUrl>
            <OABUrl>https://webmail.CLIENTDOMAIN1.COM/OAB/c36f7965-9b2d-4e58-9b5a-2c445a5f69b9/</OABUrl>
            <CertPrincipalName>msstd:*.Ourmaindomain.com</CertPrincipalName>
          </Protocol>
          <Protocol>
            <Type>WEB</Type>
            <External>
              <OWAUrl AuthenticationMethod="Fba">https://webmail.Ourmaindomain.com/owa</OWAUrl>
              <Protocol>
                <Type>EXPR</Type>
                <ASUrl>https://webmail.CLIENTDOMAIN1.COM/ews/Exchange.asmx</ASUrl>
              </Protocol>
            </External>
            <Internal>
              <OWAUrl AuthenticationMethod="Basic, Fba">https://webmail.Ourmaindomain.com/owa</OWAUrl>
              <Protocol>
                <Type>EXCH</Type>
                <ASUrl>https://webmail.CLIENTDOMAIN1.COM/ews/Exchange.asmx</ASUrl>
              </Protocol>
            </Internal>
          </Protocol>
        </Account>
      </Response>
    </Autodiscover>
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 12:20 PM

All replies

  • Problem solved.

    There's an issue with link translation on ISA. If you use one rule to publish multiple public names at once, the ISA does not remember which request was sent to which public name. F.e. if you have 2 public names:
    abc.com
    def.com
    =>Instead of sending "autodiscover.def.com/..." to "internalservername/..." and then translating the response back to "autodiscover.def.com/owa" it translates both responses (one for abc.com and one for def.com) to "autodiscover.ABC.com/..." because abc.com is the first public name in the list.

    i.m.h.o. this is a design error in the link translation system.

    The only way to solve this is to implement a separate rule for each public name. For a hosted exchange with soon hundreds of clients, this is ofcourse a lot of overhead instead of just adding an extra public name to the autodiscover publishing rule...

    Greetings,
    Geert
    Friday, May 29, 2009 12:11 PM