Search for Products in Opportunity Form RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to add a product field in the opportity form of CRM. This in order to relate the opportunity and the product we have the opportunity for. I know it's possible to add products in CRM 3.0 but how do I add it to the opportunity form?

Thanks for the answer.

Regards, Alain
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 10:39 AM

Answers

• It has been a while since I worked with CRM 3.0 so I am trying to remember if you have the ability to create a N:1 relationship.  If you have this ability, then you would go to Customziations, Opportunity, N:1 Relationships and add a relationship to the Product entity.  This will give you a lookup field that you can put on the Opportunity form.

The recommended approach for adding products to the Opportunity is to use the New Product button on the Opportunity form.  There are several advantages to adding products through this method. 

If you want to be able to identify Opportunities associated with certain product types, then you might want to consider adding a picklist field to the Opportunity form with the values you need or possibly make a relationship to Subject and add the product type values to your list of Subjects.  You can then use
    Best Regards, Donna
    • Proposed as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, March 2, 2009 7:30 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, March 5, 2009 9:57 PM
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 6:53 PM