why command “bcz” is not accepted to build my target profile? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, nowdays I am learning Sora. After I installed the SoraSDK 2.0 and WDk 8.1,I want to install SoftWiFi driver as the manual says. But after I add a environment variable,some problem happened.When I type the command "bcz" ,it was not accepted,it showed "batch processing is aborted" . I need your help ,thank you!

Thursday, June 26, 2014 8:02 AM

Answers

• There may be something wrong with your build environment.

In my build environment:

1. There is one line in D:\WinDDK\7600.16385.1\bin\generic.mac, which means that bcz is an alias of build.exe

BCZ     = build -cZMg $*

2. If I run command line 'where build.exe', I got 'D:\WinDDK\7600.16385.1\bin\x86\build.exe'.

This is the normal case. So please diagnose your environment with these hints. Normally you have 2 options:

1. Follow the steps in our document (https://sora.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Build%20Sora%20sample%20user%20mode%20applications). The created shortcuts know where is the DDK

2. Or, use DDK's build environment and set SORA_ROOT environment variable to the Sora installation folder, eg: D:\SoraSDK2.0

Monday, June 30, 2014 2:56 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

Besides adding environment variable. You may want to go to this directory
    C:\SoraSDK2.0\src

Please pay attention to two script files
    set_dirs_x64 and set_dirs_x86

Execute the one corresponding to your current machine setup.

Muye
    Friday, June 27, 2014 12:16 AM
  • Hi Muye,I am very happy to get your reply. I do what you say, and script files set_dirs_x86 has worked, but command bcz is also useless. Can you tell me how bcz works and I can kown where  I made a wrong step,Thank you very much.
    Friday, June 27, 2014 2:12 AM
  • Could you give more detailed about 'some problem happened'?
    Friday, June 27, 2014 5:27 AM
    Answerer
  • I am sorry to reply a little later. I have downloaded SoraSDK and WDK, then I want to build a target project. I do as the manual says, firstly create a environment variable pointing to the root path of the WDK. Secondly runs "set_dirs_x86" file. Lastly I open the "X86 Free Build" and type the command bcz, but it says like the following. I do not know the reason. Thank you!

Monday, June 30, 2014 1:17 AM
  • There may be something wrong with your build environment.

In my build environment:

1. There is one line in D:\WinDDK\7600.16385.1\bin\generic.mac, which means that bcz is an alias of build.exe

BCZ     = build -cZMg $*

2. If I run command line 'where build.exe', I got 'D:\WinDDK\7600.16385.1\bin\x86\build.exe'.

This is the normal case. So please diagnose your environment with these hints. Normally you have 2 options:

1. Follow the steps in our document (https://sora.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Build%20Sora%20sample%20user%20mode%20applications). The created shortcuts know where is the DDK

2. Or, use DDK's build environment and set SORA_ROOT environment variable to the Sora installation folder, eg: D:\SoraSDK2.0

Monday, June 30, 2014 2:56 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks very much for your reply, now I know what the BCZ means. However, I can not find the file generic.mac in my WDK installation root.

I also run the command line "where build.exe", it says it can not find the file with the provided mode.

Are there something wrong with my WDK installing process? My version is WDK 8.1. I have searched the whole WDK root but no generic.mac.  

Monday, June 30, 2014 6:55 AM
  • Oh I got your idea. There is something changed in WDK 8.1 and it must work with Visual Studio side-by-side. Frankly speaking, our dev team has not much experience on this version. You are recommended to use WDK 7.1.0 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=11800) if you just want to build Sora SDK v2.0 or earlier versions.

Monday, June 30, 2014 7:49 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi, I have solved the question above. Now I can build the SoftWiFi driver. However, as the manual says, " You can type the command “bcz” to build the SoftWiFi driver (the sample SDR miniport driver), Sora User-mode Extension (UMX) samples and other tools", I can only build the first one in the target file, I donnot know how to buil the UMX samples and other tools. What could I do to solve this? Thanks very very much. 

Friday, July 11, 2014 7:24 AM
  • We create a wiki page for build user mode applications: https://sora.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Build%20Sora%20sample%20user%20mode%20applications

Hope it helps.

Monday, July 14, 2014 2:58 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks very much. I have read the wiki page carefully and find that the process of building SoftWiFi Driver and user mode application is roughly the same. But I succeed in building the SoftWiFi while the latter is a failure. My PC is Win7 32bits OS. Does the version result in the problem?
    Monday, July 14, 2014 6:47 AM