none
Can job files have CommandLine attribute with double quotes? RRS feed

• Question

• I am generating a job file that has CommandLine attribute that has double quotes.  Is there a way to escape these double quotes?  Here is a snippet...

<Task Version="2.000"
                   Name="test1.4528.batch_run"
                   MinCores="2"
                   MaxCores="2"
                   CommandLine="C:\Program Files (x86)\Gizmo\client\bin\gizmo -a %COMPUTERNAME% -s C:\Program Files (x86)\Gizmo -c C:\Program Files (x86)\Gizmo\client\config\reference-config.xml -o gizmo.startscript="main()""
                   WorkDirectory="C:\Users\aabdullah\gizmo\batch_run\results\200992_141522"
                   StdOutFilePath="C:\Users\aabdullah\gizmo\batch_run\results\200992_141522\stdout.txt"
                   StdErrFilePath="C:\Users\aabdullah\gizmo\batch_batch\results\200992_141522\stderr.txt"
                   UnitType="Core" />

As you can see my gizmo command-line requires an option that specifies a startscript and since there are parenthensis it needs double quotes.
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 6:48 PM

Answers

All replies

• I decided to use &quot which got me to the next problem the use of parenthesis.

&quotmain()&quot cuases:

Job creation failed with return code 1 and error '(' is an unexpected token. The expected token is ';'. Line 14, position 336.
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 7:13 PM
  • Eureaka! I needed to use &quot; instead of just &quot.
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 7:33 PM