none
Vista Activation Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Since validating my copy of windows Vista I have restored my computer several times using the Windows PC Restore option.  Each time the restore completed, it asked me to validate my copy of windows, which I did and the activation went fine.  I restored my computer last night and again it asked me to validate but this time it said my copy of windows was invalid and that my License key was already active.  I have not installed this license key on any other machine.  Is there a limit on the number of times that you can validate a license?  What do I need to do to get this resolved?
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 12:46 PM

Answers

• Hello frank05,

There is no limit to the number of time you can Activate Vista.  However, there is a limited number of times you can Activate over the Internet. Once you reach that limit, you will need to reactivate using the Activate by Phone method.

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own. If any post fixes your issue, please vote the post as Helpful. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers.
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 7:44 PM