Keep printed documents - Bug RRS feed

• General discussion

• The Microsoft printer configuration control panel allows you to select a feature called "Keep printed documents." Basically it allows you to keep a record of everything you've printed inside of the queue list. It's useful if you wish to reprint a document which was printed in the past without finding or opening the document.

The problem is that Onecare sees this as an issue with your print queue. It tells you that it needs to fix the queue and clear out all of the old documents. You might want to check for that option before you implement the "fix the printer queue" feature.

Just an FYI. Hopefully this is a good place to report bugs.

Friday, December 28, 2007 6:25 PM

All replies

• Thanks for the feedback Farina we will past this up the ladder

chuck

Saturday, December 29, 2007 5:01 PM
  • Just in case more motivation is needed - this is a big problem at our office as well.  Especially now that my computer is the hub for my circle - everything's always in the yellow and yelling at me because we all keep our documents in the queue.

It would even work if there was a setting by which you could tell OneCare not to worry about this problem (maybe that's a global feature in the 'security or performance' area - each item has a link to ignore this problem from now on), or even a registry key to disable checking the printer queue.  Though Farina's suggestion is the most logical.

Is there a place one might be able to find out if/when the decision is made to modify this feature?

Thanks

Friday, January 25, 2008 3:38 PM
  • Unfortunately, we don't have visibility into when (or if) something is being changed in most cases. We've reported the concerns.

-steve

Friday, January 25, 2008 4:29 PM