user defined exchange rate RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

My business need in the opportunity form was to enable users to enter exchange rate value so i have added the exchange rate field to the form and re-enabled it.

after doing this another problem appears, after saving and re-loading the form the system defined exchange rate replace the user defined one

so i've added a temp exchange rate field to store the value during save and then repopulating it during load

but now i'm facing another problem that i could not find a solution for it

the (money) base fields are calculated using the system defined exchange rate instead of the user defined

could anybody please help me solving this problem ??

thanks in advance...

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 2:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The base money fields is always related to the exchange rate the system provides the opportunity with. The exchange rate is updated when:
    - The record is created
    - The value is updated
    - The status of the record changes.

I'm not sure this is even doable, but i guess you could TRY to set the exchange rate manually to the custom exchange rate that the user enters.
    You will have to do this via the platform (a plugin). Try both pre create and just set the exchange rate. If this won't work - try to update the exchange rate on post create.

As I said, I cannot promise you this will work and I cannot guarantee this is even supported.

Also remember to recalculate the custom exchange rate to the format CRM uses.

A pretty ugly way to achive the same result would be to update the exchange rate on the used currency on pre create of the Opportunity :)
    I haven't tried this my self but you could give it a shot...

/Emil

Emil Mattsson | Cybernetics Business Solutions | Sweden
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 5:10 PM