about my lost genuine product key of window 7 professional RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have genuine window 7 professional on my laptop but i don't have its product key now and due to some reasons i want to re install window so how can i find my window 7 product key from installed window?

Friday, September 9, 2011 7:04 AM

Answers

• If Windows 7 Professional came preinstalled on your laptop, all you need to do is perform a system recovery per the computer manufacturer's recommended procedure and the product key will not even be required.
    Carey Frisch
    Sunday, September 11, 2011 4:56 AM

All replies

• "ermadhur" wrote in message news:b78d4547-667f-4e3c-979c-f73c30e6ea18...

Hello,

I have genuine window 7 professional on my laptop but i don't have its product key now and due to some reasons i want to re install window so how can i find my window 7 product key from installed window?

If you use the Recovery disk from the manufacturer for the reinstall, you should not need the Key.
    Your COA Key should be on a sticker on the machine's case (or inside the battery compartment, if it came with the Win7 Pro installed.
    You can recover the current Key from the install using  Belarc Adviser (www.belarc.com ) – but it may be the OEM’s Key which will only work with their recovery disks.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Friday, September 9, 2011 9:23 AM
  • If Windows 7 Professional came preinstalled on your laptop, all you need to do is perform a system recovery per the computer manufacturer's recommended procedure and the product key will not even be required.
    Carey Frisch
    Sunday, September 11, 2011 4:56 AM